bj penn=honey badger

Hendo has fought at 206+, 205, 203, 185, 183 and 170.

well 203 and 183 We're the PRIDE equivalent of 205 and 185. because if the metric system maybe?? hendo has fought at heavyweight light heavyweight and middleweight. there wasn't different rankings for guys fighting at 205 and 203 they were all light heavies

I would find it far more bad ass to see Penn show the heart to stay at LW, work his way up and into contention and win and then train enough to hold the belt. That would be bad ass.

Penn does not jump around divisions because he is bad ass. He jumps around because he is too lazy to work his way up and is always looking for ANY fight he thinks can launch him to glory without having to do the same work and win as many fights as others.

I admire Penn's tenacity - always have...his willingness to fight almost anyone at anytime at any weight....what I do NOT admire is something most of you will NOT even acknowledge & that is his excuses/whining & poor sportsmanship when he is beaten..He is the only fighter I can think of that actually brought his mommy into the fray when he lost at the infamous greasegate.....I got tired over the years of the "inshape Penn", the "outofshape Penn", the "unmotived Penn", the "motivated Penn"....Just the thought of going thru all this shit again when he comes back to fight makes me tired...I don't know who is worse Penn with his excuses OR his fans with they're constant whining...there; I probably pissed a lot of you off - but this had to said...If you are angry its only because you know what I stated is true...

is this the main reason people have for not liking penn?

I would find it far more bad ass to see Penn show the heart to stay at LW, work his way up and into contention and win and then train enough to hold the belt. That would be bad ass.

Penn does not jump around divisions because he is bad ass. He jumps around because he is too lazy to work his way up and is always looking for ANY fight he thinks can launch him to glory without having to do the same work and win as many fights as others.

This is why I was never impressed by Penn. Not wanting to go on a diet does not make him some p4p god. I will be SHOCKED if he can make 145.

Although neither BJ nor honey badgers seem to give a fuck, they are very different in the fact that honey badgers have nearly infinite cardio and energy.

I'm trying to think of guys who fought so long ago before they started introducing the 10 lb difference weight classes below LW back in the day.

Jeff Curran has fought at 155, 145, 135, & 125.

BJ Penn as honey badger? I can dig this actually -- not just for the multiple weight classes either. He seems to just have enough collateral (and well deserved) to do what he really wants to.

Although neither BJ nor honey badgers seem to give a fuck, they are very different in the fact that honey badgers have nearly infinite cardio and energy.

thanks for the laugh, I have nothing to contribute, Penn is always exciting and that why I watch fights

This.

Minowaman fought Semmy Schilt, Don Frye, CroCop, Wanderlei, Stefan Leko, Gilbert Yvel... , most of it weighing between 185-190. C'mon no one even comes close.

Saku does , hes fought at ww , mw ,lhw and Hw

so I was reading an article that said penn is bringing in mike dolce to help him drop down to 145. and I realized this will be the 5th Weight class bj fights at, he fought at heavyweight, middleweight, welterweight, lightweight and if he makes this cut featherweight. can anyone think of another fighter in modern mma that can say they've done that? so in conclusion bj penn= honey badger cus he just don't give a fuck. he has literally never backed down from a fight and for that reason he will always be my favorite fighter.

...i just like the title, funny to me

genki sudo, minowaman and hideo tokoro also spent large parts of their careers fighting bigger opponents

Kid Yamamoto too

Back