News BJ Penn Calls Out Jake Paul, Asks Triller For Contract

I definitely get what you're saying with the skill and ceiling - Paul definitely has him beat there.. But we haven't seen Paul get tested in a blood and guts fight, and I think Perry could be trained to bring exactly that to him. We know Perry is as proven as ever in those kinds of fights and has heart for days. Perry's got the power to make Paul second guess himself about wanting to be in there.
Yeah I could see it, Perry is definitely a warrior, or at least he was. Not really sure what to make of his heart and spirit these days.

At his best I think it would be an interesting matchup where we would see Paul’s heart get tested in a blood and guts kind of match.

Today though, there’s really nothing to be confident about with Perry. His grappling looks good, everything else is questionable.

thing is even at his best, I feel like it wouldn’t be very difficult to create an intelligent game plan and beat him in the strategic/ tactical battle. Perry obviously had his moments with technique, power and heart but he’s just not that smart and relatively one dimensional / predictable. Any smart boxing trainer eats that sort of fighter Alive.

Sure why not.
Can we get Chuck Liddell vs some one on the under card?
How about chuck vs paul. I think even a 50 yo chuck starches paul

Oh fuck this. Penn stop it you lose to bums in parking lots nowadays.

What year is this?
BJ Penn in 2021 just no.
Dude is all kind of messed up.
If tony loses to dariush (hope he doesnt) feed paul to him for a well deserved pay day. Tony would eat him alive

Jake is so much bigger what would they even fight at. Bj is a natural lw and jake is a natural mw. I assume they would fight around 175/180 and paul comes in with a huge size advantage as on fight night bj would be a pudgy 175 and paul would be like 190 hydrated back up.

Jake walks around over 200 he’s not making 175/180 lol penn would just eat burritos and drink beer to make 180ish again like he did against Machida and Paul would come in 185-190

Two words Bisping/Robbie. These are the ones Jake will face.

Also watch jakes fans act like this was the equivalent of him out boxing Ryan Garcia.
Oooh I'm super down for bisping and hes actually the right size

If tony loses to dariush (hope he doesnt) feed paul to him for a well deserved pay day. Tony would eat him alive
I would like people to stop believing that Tony has good boxing

his hands have always been trash

So Tony should get cut from the UFC?
What about this Paul guy actually fight somebody that is a boxer?

Or if he wants to fight washed up MMA fighters go with some one who actually boxed? He could take on Fabio Madonaldo for example.

How many times has Penn been knocked down in his career? Yair dropped him, but I think that’s it. His chin is still solid and he has legit boxing skills, he’s been losing due to other aspects of mma.

And by a fat drunk guy at a bar recently.

oh god.....i can see Jake taking that fight to

Your a joke. He would pressure and angle the fuck out of paul.
No, I’ve just known that Tony can’t box for shit for quite a long time.

Long before he lost.

what happened to him against Gaethje are what many of us were calling and expecting even during the peak of his hype train.

Acting like someone like Tony who is technically inferior offensively, defensively and does almost everything wrong would dominate in a boxing match is just ignorance at its finest.

People obviously still like Tony too much to be objective about his technical flaws.

He isn’t doing well in any kind of boxing match from a technical POV, where he might succeed is through toughness and cardio and even that’s a stretch, all things considered.

I don’t dislike Tony but he’s just not a good boxer, at all and people need to stop thinking otherwise. The dream is over. Tony’s boxing / striking has never been anywhere near as good as anyone ever thought it was,

Back