News BJ Penn Calls Out Jake Paul, Asks Triller For Contract

LMAO no it would basically be this...
giphy.gif
BJ would stop, stick his chin out, & allow Paul to land haymakers on his chin?

Wow, it's post like these why Jake Paul was only -165 against Askren.
BJ hasn't won a fight in a decade and Jake Paul is also significantly larger. How the fuck would it be competitive? BJ is awful now

Lets not forget he is +40 years old.

I fuckin called it that Jake Paul would fight someone in the likes of bj penn, johny Hendricks or some post prime ufc fighter

Wow, it's post like these why Jake Paul was only -165 against Askren.
BJ hasn't won a fight in a decade and Jake Paul is also significantly larger. How the fuck would it be competitive? BJ is awful now
Yup

god bless them

the odds wouldn’t have been so delicious if people weren’t absurdly foolish in their assessments lol

Fuck Jake Paul. They should sign JDS or Aleks E to end him.

I fuckin called it that Jake Paul would fight someone in the likes of bj penn, johny Hendricks or some post prime ufc fighter
Robbies the only one to be able to do it. His boxing stance, position and awareness is on point. He fought well in boxing rings back in the days. He's also fought at 195 lbs before so he can bang with them big boys...

Mike Perry would bodybag him
Jake is a much better boxer than Perry, I would argue even at his best.

The difference maker would be Perry’s experience and toughness perhaps but Jake has the edge in skill and quite frankly intelligence.

I would bet my life’s savings on Paul if that ever happened.

The difference maker would be Perry’s experience and toughness perhaps but Jake has the edge in skill and quite frankly intelligence.

I can't say I agree. A simpleton like Perry has too many things to focus on with MMA between grappling/kickboxing etc...

Get him focused on boxing and train him with some sound defensive fundamentals and he could easily walk down Jake and punish him. He's got the toughness and power, no questions there.

I can't say I agree. A simpleton like Perry has too many things to focus on with MMA between grappling/kickboxing etc...

Get him focused on boxing and train him with some sound defensive fundamentals and he could easily walk down Jake and punish him. He's got the toughness and power, no questions there.
Don’t see it.

Jake has more talent, potential and a greater ceiling In the sport than I’ve seen from Perry, even when he was actually in his prime and taking pure boxing fights.

Even then, I would struggle being too confident In Perry winning that fight.

Jake is just a better boxer. There’s something to be said for his toughness, fortitude and experience, that’s one area where we can question, but I see Jake superseding him in every other area, especially factoring in that he improves dramatically from every fight.

If we’re talking about today’s Perry, he simply isn’t what he used to be. There’s nothing to be confident about anymore.

This actually doesn't surprise me... I don't like it, but there is a real possibility this happens.

Was just thinking the next step for Jake would be another “name” MMA fighter, this time with more striking pedigree, Who is over the hill and also at least a weight class smaller than Jake.

And then BJ throws his hat in the ring. I’d be sad to see BJ get clowned in the pre-fight buildup and also KO’d, but props if he gets a nice payday.

Jake and his team are gonna stack the deck in his favor until he reaches his endgame “fight”, probably Conor. By then it won’t matter if he loses or maybe Conor will be diminished enough by then that Jake sparks him out too.

Yeah Paul would just avoid the haymakers and connect clean over and over against Perry, would be pretty one sided.

Yeah Paul would just avoid the haymakers and connect clean over and over against Perry, would be pretty one sided.
I mean, at his best, Perry wasn’t that bad. He could definitely crack.

Problem is, he’s just not that smart. Technically and power wise, he has his moments but his fight iq is often painful. It’s not difficult to game plan for someone like that. Especially now.

Don’t see it.

Jake has more talent, potential and a greater ceiling In the sport than I’ve seen from Perry, even when he was actually in his prime and taking pure boxing fights.

Even then, I would struggle being too confident In Perry winning that fight.

Jake is just a better boxer. There’s something to be said for his toughness, fortitude and experience, that’s one area where we can question, but I see Jake superseding him in every other area, especially factoring in that he improves dramatically from every fight and is already sparring with fighters infinitely better than someone like Perry.
I definitely get what you're saying with the skill and ceiling - Paul definitely has him beat there.. But we haven't seen Paul get tested in a blood and guts fight, and I think Perry could be trained to bring exactly that to him. We know Perry is as proven as ever in those kinds of fights and has heart for days. Perry's got the power to make Paul second guess himself about wanting to be in there.

Please god no
Jake is so much bigger what would they even fight at. Bj is a natural lw and jake is a natural mw. I assume they would fight around 175/180 and paul comes in with a huge size advantage as on fight night bj would be a pudgy 175 and paul would be like 190 hydrated back up.

I definitely get what you're saying with the skill and ceiling - Paul definitely has him beat there.. But we haven't seen Paul get tested in a blood and guts fight, and I think Perry could be trained to bring exactly that to him. We know Perry is as proven as ever in those kinds of fights and has heart for days. Perry's got the power to make Paul second guess himself about wanting to be in there.
I would love to see him fight Perry. I think the black guy puts the white guy to sleep

Back