BJ Penn at 145

BJ is good at any weight he can make, lets hope he makes 145.

"I'm still not sure what weight we're gonna fight at" - BJ Penn.

Seriously fellas. WTF do you think is going to happen?

I mean there is a reason every single one of us raised an eyebrow when this fight was announced. I think we all know why.

And BJ really pushing hard for the whole "Franky is standing in my way of being the greatest LW of all time".....

Seriously. We already know what's up so don't be surprised when they announce the fight at 155.

I am just hoping that he does good and if he loses he doesn't quit again always been a fan of his. I don't see him beating Edgar though. I just really don't want to see him do terrible and quit again would be sad to watch.

Lmao, what is your deal, dude? You seem to be the only one here obsessed with Frankie. I understand he outclassed your idol, but there's no need to act like a psychopath.

You keep acting like I hate BJ or something, did you even read my other posts or did you Edgar hate blind you from them?

You keep calling me 'delusional', why? Because I said Edgar is gonna severely outclass BJ in their 3rd fight? Sorry you don't agree, go cry about it somewhere else.

You really need to ease up and stop being so arrogant and defensive, it's not a good look.

"not a good look". And a delusional fanboy loonie, like yourself, is attractive? lol

Hopefully he just tries to GSP him, he isn't going to win on the feet.

I think he will do well at 145, BJ is around the size of most of the top 10 FWs and with having to make that weight he has to be in good shape. I just hope that by going to NU they teach him that he can use his wrestling offensively as well and doesn't have to make himself a one dimensional boxer.

BJ would die if he tried to go to 145

Hard to say. He looked good at 155, I see him a little drained at 145.

really wish he was fighting someone else. and 145?? why???

Hard to say. He looked good at 155, I see him a little drained at 145.

I remember reading something about BJ only cutting like 5-7 pounds for 155, I don't think 145 will be a problem for him unless he is lazy about his prep.

BJ would die if he tried to go to 145

Why? I don't understand why many people seem to think he is too big to make 145, he's not. He didn't cut much water weight at all to make 155, I remember reading it was something like 5-7 pounds.

I mean when he fought at 170 he would weight 168 with a gut while wearing pants, a belt and shoes.

Most 155lb guys weigh like 170-180 now and are ripped at that weight, BJ looks soft at 168.

We'll never know unless he decides to fight someone other than Frankie at FW.

Frankie will make him look bad, he just has BJ's number.

I hope BJ can drop his obsession with Frankie and make another run at LW.

The first fight was close, to put it euphemistically, but BJ did nothing to adjust for or during that rematch. The issue for BJ is to get with trainers and training partners who will help him grow, as he clearly needs to adjust his preparation, and have trainers who can help him during the fight.

Last edited:
"not a good look". And a delusional fanboy loonie, like yourself, is attractive? lol

The only 'delusional fanboy loonie' here is you.

You're embarrassing yourself, just stop.

I think he is going to do just fine. He is involving the right people to make his ready

The only 'delusional fanboy loonie' here is you.

You're embarrassing yourself, just stop.
Uhh, pick one item that I have mischaracterized, just one.
For some odd reason you assume you are holding a high ground; is your reality that obtuse? Wow, you flatter yourself. Please, pick one....or many.
And whether your opinion has Edgar TKOing Penn is irrelevant. It's a future occurrence that you have an opinion on.
And just who am I being a fanboy of?

Uhh, pick one item that I have mischaracterized, just one.
For some odd reason you assume you are holding a high ground; is your reality that obtuse? Wow, you flatter yourself. Please, pick one....or many.
And whether your opinion has Edgar TKOing Penn is irrelevant. It's a future occurrence that you have an opinion on.
And just who am I being a fanboy of?

Like I said in my other post that you so conveniently ignored, what am I being so delusional about?

And if I'm a 'loonie fanboy' of Edgar, you sure as hell are one of Penn, seeing as how you flip the fuck out and start crying, going on these tangents if someone doesn't hold him as high as you. :redface:

Back