Bj not going to Brazil because shogun robbery

Anyone that travels to South America or Africa isn't very bright.

There's a risk, but there's no real reward. It's scummy, dangerous, uninteresting, etc. I don't see why anyone would rather travel there than somewhere in Asia or Europe.

There's like a handful of locations in Asia that are better off than a place like Brazil in terms of tourism. The Tigers, Japan and... that's about it. You'll be exposed to just as much poverty and violence or worse in most other destinations.

How about a place where you can't go watch a batman movie in theaters without getting your head blown off by a privileged white guy?

Yeah, ok man. One crazy asshole or a FREAKING CROWD of people who think it's acceptable to kill and dismember a man, then post his head on a spike.

That's even.

I have one friend who traveled there, his youth hostel was held up at gunpoint. Luckily he was not there at that time but everyone who was there lost everything including their passports. Wallets and IDs.

If someone doesn't want to go to brazil they have pretty good reasons to make that choice.

Just stick to Hawaii bro,you already live in paradise

That said I would like to see rio one day... When it's safer

If they would rob a famous, loved and respected guy like Shogun, that says alot about that country.

Anyone that travels to South America or Africa isn't very bright.

There's a risk, but there's no real reward. It's scummy, dangerous, uninteresting, etc. I don't see why anyone would rather travel there than somewhere in Asia or Europe.

So pussies should stay at home. Makes sense I suppose.

There's like a handful of locations in Asia that are better off than a place like Brazil in terms of tourism. The Tigers, Japan and... that's about it. You'll be exposed to just as much poverty and violence or worse in most other destinations.

A) I was referring to all of South America and Africa, not Just Brazil.

B) The big cities of Asia do not have nearly the same amount of crime and disgusting behavior that Brazil's cities do.

C) I wasn't basing this strictly off what's dangerous and what's not. Asia and Europe are infinitely more interesting than South America and Africa. Asia and Europ have such rich history, Africa and South America? Eh.. not so much.

B) The big cities of Asia do not have nearly the same amount of crime and disgusting behavior that Brazil's cities do.

C) I wasn't basing this strictly off what's dangerous and what's not. Asia and Europe are infinitely more interesting than South America and Africa. Asia and Europ have such rich history, Africa and South America? Eh.. not so much.

you clearly don't know wtf you are talking about.

I would understand if BJ had never been in Brazil. But it's not his case, he traveled to Brazil other times, and AFAIK, he was never robbed before. So, it's a bit odd to me. Also, I highly doubt he never heard of crime incidents with tourists in Brazil before. BJ should know it's not THAT bad.

Anyway, source?

He's a father now ..It Changes your perspective on shit.... You're not just responsible for yourself anymore

You mean thanks to an ineffective and highly corrupt political establishment which dates back to Portuguese colonization, which, along with Spanish colonization, instilled the idea of "grab for yourself and run" instead of the "build, create, and establish" mentality that English colonialism had.

Compare former English colonies to former Spanish/Portuguese colonies in terms of levels of poverty, crime rates, corruption levels, and economic inequality.

It's not a coincidence that the former English colonies are much better off today.

For the last 70 years or better south americas most influential state is the US. Brazil in particular had the US play role of militray patron from the end of the second world war until the late seventies. Blame your ancestors if you like.

I think people think that Shogun was targeted BECAUSE he is a pro fighter.

Maybe there are butthurt little guys in the favelas saying "look at this guy, he's rich from being a tough guy, but hes not as tough as me. Let's go take his money, it should be mine."

I could see Lil Ze from City of God thinking this way lol

Shogun aka knock out Ned

Tell us more about your trips to South America.

I cited Brazil because that's really the country in question ITT. I'd say there are actually much better tourist locations in South American and Brazil, namely Chile, Uruguay, and Argentina(even though the economy's in shambles, that shouldn't affect tourists very much).

Rose tinted glasses. Outside of the aforementioned developed countries, most major cities in Asia have plenty of violence and poverty, as well as a greater degree of insalubrity than you'd find in, say, Rio.

Really, I doubt you know enough about the history or locations of South America to make that judgement, you're just clearly more interested in Asia and therefore more knowledgeable on it. I can't even make an opposing judgement myself, since I really know little about the history of the majority of Asia.

"All things considered"
Considering what? Home to one of the biggest slums in the world where one of the most profitable avenues there is reselling rich people's trash? The place where the word ghetto originated? The place that is literally infested with billions of roaches and rats? Where monkeys rob everyone?

Uganda? The place where little kids do cocaine and people shit on the beaches and bury it? The place where there is literally no infrastructure to speak of and people living in huts and shacks have access to fully automatic weapons and cellular phones?
Maybe you saw more than me, but I've yet to see anything positive out of that place.

1. The word ghetto is not Hindi, it is an Italian term referring to the neighborhoods in which Jews were required to live.

2. Uganda has far more infrastructure than most of its neighbors, excluding Rwanda and probably Kenya. I was not aware that was even a matter of debate.

3. Yep. India has deep-seated problems including endemic corruption, the remnants of the caste system, and religious turmoil. They also have fairly good infrastructure, a relatively healthy democratic tradition, and a decent civil service. The British Raj certainly augmented each of those strengths.

The truth is that the legacy of British colonialism is far more complex than a simplistic white people bad/natives good dichotomy. In my experience, this is reflected in the attitudes of former colonial subjects, which are far from uniformly negative.

Back