Bj not going to Brazil because shogun robbery

Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!! Cant he hire security?

You mean thanks to an ineffective and highly corrupt political establishment which dates back to Portuguese colonization, which, along with Spanish colonization, instilled the idea of "grab for yourself and run" instead of the "build, create, and establish" mentality that English colonialism had.

Compare former English colonies to former Spanish/Portuguese colonies in terms of levels of poverty, crime rates, corruption levels, and economic inequality.

It's not a coincidence that the former English colonies are much better off today.

Hahahaha, nationalism shines through brightly.
How's India doing, buddy?
What about all those parts of Africa the English tried to colonize?

I think him not going to Brazil to train at N.U is a bad decision on his part. I think it will surely effect his performance

Did everyone just now discover there are parts of Brazil that are dangerous?

Avoid acting like a stupid tourist and make sure you travel with someone who knows the area well.

I plan on seeing Brazil one day just not now with the WC.

That's smart of him to stay away from places that people get robbed at gunpoint. Hope he enjoys staying inside his house for the rest of his life

I think people think that Shogun was targeted BECAUSE he is a pro fighter.

Maybe there are butthurt little guys in the favelas saying "look at this guy, he's rich from being a tough guy, but hes not as tough as me. Let's go take his money, it should be mine."

I could see Lil Ze from City of God thinking this way lol

That's smart of him to stay away from places that people get robbed at gunpoint. Hope he enjoys staying inside his house for the rest of his life

What about home invasions though? Maybe he should move to Antarctica.

I would understand if BJ had never been in Brazil. But it's not his case, he traveled to Brazil other times, and AFAIK, he was never robbed before. So, it's a bit odd to me. Also, I highly doubt he never heard of crime incidents with tourists in Brazil before. BJ should know it's not THAT bad.

Anyway, source?

Hahahaha, nationalism shines through brightly.
How's India doing, buddy?
What about all those parts of Africa the English tried to colonize?

India is doing quite well all things considered. I was recently in Uganda, one of the more advanced countries in central eastern Africa and it was far more developed than its neighbor, the Belgian Congo.

The English were far better colonial masters than the the French, Belgians, Dutch, or Portuguese. That is the consensus view shared by pretty much everyone but the French, Belgians, Dutch, and Portuguese.

I understand why he dosent want to go to brazil. I just hope he has a plan B that doesn't involve Troy Mandaloniz.

pro tip, if you dress like a bum you never get robbed.

Anyone that travels to South America or Africa isn't very bright.

There's a risk, but there's no real reward. It's scummy, dangerous, uninteresting, etc. I don't see why anyone would rather travel there than somewhere in Asia or Europe.

I would understand if BJ had never been in Brazil. But it's not his case, he traveled to Brazil other times, and AFAIK, he was never robbed before. So, it's a bit odd to me. Also, I highly doubt he never heard of crime incidents with tourists in Brazil before. BJ should know it's not THAT bad.

Anyway, source?

Yeah, this is what strikes me as the stranges. BJ went to Brazil to compete in the mundials when crime was much worse, and I'm guessing he wasn't staying at prime locations then. He has a family now though, I guess that's what makes him weary.

India is doing quite well all things considered. I was recently in Uganda, one of the more advanced countries in central eastern Africa and it was far more developed than its neighbor, the Belgian Congo.

The English were far better colonial masters than the the French, Belgians, Dutch, or Portuguese. That is the consensus view shared by pretty much everyone but the French, Belgians, Dutch, and Portuguese.

"All things considered"
Considering what? Home to one of the biggest slums in the world where one of the most profitable avenues there is reselling rich people's trash? The place where the word ghetto originated? The place that is literally infested with billions of roaches and rats? Where monkeys rob everyone?

Uganda? The place where little kids do cocaine and people shit on the beaches and bury it? The place where there is literally no infrastructure to speak of and people living in huts and shacks have access to fully automatic weapons and cellular phones?
Maybe you saw more than me, but I've yet to see anything positive out of that place.

Back