Bj not going to Brazil because shogun robbery

Too much drama about Brazil.

I live in Brazil, I'm a brazilian and I never was robbed in my life. And lots of my friends too.

Brazil is dangerous in some places, but you just need to take care as much as in other big cities in all of the world.

It's not like "If you come here, you gonna be robbed". It's bullshit.

It can't all be bad. My sister flies there regularly for work.

Also, the contractor at my old gym was a 65 year old white guy and he was retiring in Rio and already spent most of his time there.

Yes, but are they celebrities like Shogun? Also, Latin American nations are known for ransom kidnappings.

Shogun's robbery isn't symptomatic of anything different. There are always robberies in Brazil, there are always robberies in Rio, only this one time it happened to an MMA fighter. BJ went to Brazil recently to train with Aldo and Barao for UFC 169, no real change has ocurred since then. He'd be in as much danger now as he was then.

Brazil's biggest problem is the crooked ass cops. Most of the law enforcement there is in somebody's pocket so there's no guaranteed protection wherever you go, and AFAIK I don't think you're legally allowed to carry a firearm there. Double fucked.

Sucks cause I'd love to go to Brazil some day and check out the beautiful beaches/bitches.

Police corruption is definitely one of the biggest threats to security. Political corruption is the biggest threat, imo, to improving the socioeconomic problems that plague the country.

Brazil's biggest problem is the crooked ass cops. Most of the law enforcement there is in somebody's pocket so there's no guaranteed protection wherever you go, and AFAIK I don't think you're legally allowed to carry a firearm there. Double fucked.

Sucks cause I'd love to go to Brazil some day and check out the beautiful beaches/bitches.

Police corruption mostly only affects the poor residents, not visiting tourists.

Baby Jay didn't know that robberies and kidnappings take place each day in Brazil before he made arrangements to go? Come on now.

If he lost his desire to go, he could just say he don't want to go. People know by now he don't like to be away from his wife and kids.

Brazil is a third world country...Good decision

Its also if I remember my grade 6 social studies correctly the most resource rich country in the world. There is lots of money in Brazil but the gap between the rich and poor is huge. Thanks largely to the influence of the US.

I find it odd for fighters to be reacting like this. Is it because they think they are demi-gods no normal mortal would try and rob? It's not like they didn't know Brazil was violent. Or has everyone forgotten when Vitors sister was kidnapped and murdered.

I live in Brazil, I'm a brazilian and I never was robbed in my life. And lots of my friends too.

Brazil is dangerous in some places, but you just need to take care as much as in other big cities in all of the world.

No, but unlike in the US, Canada, Japan/South Korea, and Western European nations, there is not a very stable enforcement of laws by police/politicians.

That's why I would be afraid to travel to Brazil. In the countries I mentioned, of course there are robberies, especially of tourists, but the crime rates are much lower, and prosecution rates of criminals are much higher.

Its also if I remember my grade 6 social studies correctly the most resource rich country in the world. There is lots of money in Brazil but the gap between the rich and poor is huge. Thanks largely to the influence of the US.

I find it odd for fighters to be reacting like this. Is it because they think they are demi-gods no normal mortal would try and rob? It's not like they didn't know Brazil was violent. Or has everyone forgotten when Vitors sister was kidnapped and murdered.

You mean thanks to an ineffective and highly corrupt political establishment which dates back to Portuguese colonization, which, along with Spanish colonization, instilled the idea of "grab for yourself and run" instead of the "build, create, and establish" mentality that English colonialism had.

Compare former English colonies to former Spanish/Portuguese colonies in terms of levels of poverty, crime rates, corruption levels, and economic inequality.

It's not a coincidence that the former English colonies are much better off today.

Face it you live in a shit hole, sorry I feel bad for you

Save up and get away from there as soon as possible...

y but in the end of the day the problem with brazil and all countries are statism

the state is too big here

Honestly I think Diaz and BJ etc are making too big a deal about this. There are good and bad parts of pretty much every city in every country.

How about a place where you can't go watch a batman movie in theaters without getting your head blown off by a privileged white guy?

Just steer clear from "Gun Free" zones, that's where almost all the mass shootings happen in the US.

Back