Bj not going to Brazil because shogun robbery

xJust Scrapx

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Just watche an interview with ian mccall on bjpenn.com and he spoke of his training with Bj Penn but also stated that now Bj eas not heading to brazil for camp because shogun just got robbed.. So does he fly dede and aldo in for camp? Does he train elsewhere? Does this hurt him and his chances? Thoughts?

i wouldn't go to Brazil eitherr. no offense to anyone from or that lives there, but it just seems like many cities are dangerous

I don't blame him Brazil is grimey as fuck...

It can't all be bad. My sister flies there regularly for work.

Also, the contractor at my old gym was a 65 year old white guy and he was retiring in Rio and already spent most of his time there.

I hope he just flies in the whole Nova Uniao camp.... or else I see Bj's chances slimming down... =//

Considering Nick Diaz said he won't go to Brazil or Mexico either, I guess he's also on the "pussy" list?

Can't blame these guys. They are targets in low income areas. Easy targets.

lol it's not that bad... i survived w/o getting robbed for 3 weeks living in rather cheep hostels. although i looked like a poor backpacker.

Brazil's biggest problem is the crooked ass cops. Most of the law enforcement there is in somebody's pocket so there's no guaranteed protection wherever you go, and AFAIK I don't think you're legally allowed to carry a firearm there. Double fucked.

Sucks cause I'd love to go to Brazil some day and check out the beautiful beaches/bitches.

I spent a month in Brazil and experienced no issues. Are there areas that are incredibly dangerous? Yup, is it relatively easy to avoid those places? In my experience, yes.

Brazil's biggest problem is the crooked ass cops. Most of the law enforcement there is in somebody's pocket so there's no guaranteed protection wherever you go, and AFAIK I don't think you're legally allowed to carry a firearm there. Double fucked.

Sucks cause I'd love to go to Brazil some day and check out the beautiful beaches/bitches.

I've been there. Both are overrated. Go to Hawaii if you want natural beauty, female and otherwise. Not Honolulu though.

Lololooo!! "First world" pussies. So tough behind the keybord. Don't know shit about Brazil. Keep living the "dream". Lol

My wife is Brazilian. Besides the fact that we've been too broke to pay for airline tickets, she really hasn't wanted to go back (even though she hasn't seen her mother in over ten years) because she says wouldn't be able to relax traveling with me because there's absolutely no way I could blend in (too tall, too Scandinavian), and I'd be a walking target for thieves. She's from Rio.

We probably would have no problems as we'd take a lot of precautions (not driving at night, etc), but it just wouldn't be that much fun for her. Too stressful.

We'll end up going eventually when we have more money, but to those who don't know or have never been (and I used to live in Ecuador, where threats of violence/crime are very comparable to Brazil), the threat of violence in many South American countries is very, VERY real and is nothing to fuck around with.

I don't blame BJ at all, honestly. It's completely understandable.

Back