BJ>>>>>Khabib

Lol Khabib annihilates BJ and I'm a huge BJ fan

I like BJ as a fighter, but he isn’t right. He’s a legend and a tough SOB, and was a very good fighter. But hes not in the conversation of being the best ever in my opinion.

Penn absolutely wrecked his legacy in the most embarrassing ways possible

It's definitely a fair criticism to say that Khabib never challenged himself in the way that other GOAT fighters have.
BJ won the WW belt off Hughes, GSP went up and won the MW belt, Anderson fought and won at LHW,

Khabib's title reign was kind of meh compared to BJ's. BJ did a superfight at a higher weightclass against the GOAT GSP, and fought many other legends regardless of weightclass. BJ didn't care about his legacy so much as he just wanted to scrap. I think as their legacies age, BJ's will age better than Khabib's.

I'll start off by saying Khabib is an amazing fighter and I don't see anyone beating him. But on the flipside of that statement, do I "really" know that for a fact? No. He became champion and shortly there after retired. 155 is a very deep division. The possibilities are endless. I would have liked to see him fight more top competition. Tony had earned the fight and should have gotten it. I know he would have lost, but still should have gotten the chance to fight him.

I look at them both equal at LW. I view BJ more than just a LW fighter though because he is a 2 division champion, so I view him in the overall GOAT list and not just focus on his LW career.

WTF is it with all these BJ threads lately?

1) He is not GOAT, and he is far from it.
2) He may have been LW GOAT, but you can't take a portion of someone's career and forget about the rest.
3) Let's be honest...Khabib would have pummeled BJ.
4) BJ finished his career 1-9-1.
5) BJ was 1-9-1 to finish his career if you didn't read my #4.

I used to be a HUGE BJ Penn fan, and I always stood behind him but man oh man get the fuck out of here with any sort of GOAT talk and comparisons anymore.

BJ is a featherweight and fought gsp once to a split decision. You're wrong.

BJ wasn't a featherweight until later on. BJ was 0-2 against GSP. One a split decision and one a TKO with his own corner stopping the fight.

I was the guy that couldn't wait for BJ vs. ... to come on. Always thought he would pull it off. Unfortunately, there is/was a difference between motivated BJ Penn and unmotivated BJ Penn.

I don't care about weight classes when speaking of BJ because he chose to fight in heavier weight classes, and at the end of his career at FW. He finished 1-9-1 and that plain fucking sucks.

BJ is a featherweight and fought gsp once to a split decision. You're wrong.
BJ also lost to a bw Frankie Edgar, what's your point?

Styles make fights and if Hughes was able to ground Penn in their second fight, why would Khabib be able to? Considering Khabib's cardio, pressure and strength vs BJs tendancy to quit when he isn't on top

Back