"Bizarre" UFC Rousey Hype

Just viewed a UFC 207 FS1 Prelims video on the UFC page on FB. I tried to find a URL to a video or a video of it on YouTube but no luck. Seems you'll have to go on the UFC FB page to see what I'm talking about for the time being. But in the 30 second promo, they say "The Baddest Woman on the Planet is Back" and feature Rousey, and then they discuss the prelims that will be on the card.

Rogan is right. This is downright bizarre, and this is coming from a RR fan. There is a way to hype her return without completing ignoring Nunes. They are proclaiming her the baddest woman on the planet before a match where someone else has the belt. There is a way to respect RR and her return without disrespecting Nunes. Apparently, they don't care to make this distinction.

Furthermore, how can you feature both prelim fighters (Hendricks and Magny) in the brief advertisement of their match in this same video, and yet only feature Rousey IN THE MAIN EVENT where there is another opponent.

Thoughts?
good point. they're acting as if Ronda vacated the title and took a little break. its like the Holm fight didn't happen.

If they change it to "The Worst Person on the Planet," then I approve.

I await for Nunes to punch Honda's head off her arrogant shoulders...after that, unless the UFC gets behind their champ, the women's division will be dead without the UFC pushing Nunes.

Yea, I mean obviously Ronda is the draw and the storyline everyone wants to see but they could do themselves favors by hyping up Nunes as a legitimate threat and competitior, especially if Ronda loses. They're putting themselves in a dangerous position and possibly weakening promo by not even hyping the opponent or acting like it's an interesting matchup.

Her management company now owns Zuffa. Total conflict of interest in the way they have now been marketing her and ignoring the other WMMA fighters. They should have to split the management part from the rest.

cant wait till this facade is over. Nunnies is gunna kill this bitch. Carve it in stone. All that will be left will be the ghost of rousey, hauting us with lame replys of the good ole days.

Ah yes, Rogan is a true authority on the subject how NOT to hype Ronda.

Rogan acting like he never sucked Ronda's cock in the past. We didn't forget Joe.

Honda has to win in spectacular fashion if she wants to retire afterwards. She gets laid out again or wins on some b.s, she'll really start to lose the rest of her star power. Nunes is a beast but I see Honda winning by submission.

That's the UFC WME-IMG promoting one of her biggest draws forgetting their current champion.

I get that it's marketing. My argument is you can do this same marketing without completely ignoring her opponent. Example: The Baddest Woman on the Planet Returns to Reclaim Her Throne.....But There is a New Lioness In Her Way. That literally took me five seconds to come up with. My claim is not that Rousey should not be featured, or even featured much more heavily than Nunes. My claim is that there is no justifiable reason for Nunes to be completely ignored as the champion let alone as a main-event competitor at all for that matter, but ESPECIALLY as the champion.

i agree. i've seen the HBO and Showtime boxing promos and they hype back to back the fighters. the problem here is that the UFC is HIGHLY BIASED towards rhonda and add that WME it's her manager they need to draw as many casuals and rhonda fans they can. You can hype any fight event but to completely forget a fighter on the card for ppv buys makes you wonder if there is some hidden interest (which exists) for the UFC that rhonda wins.

Ah yes, Rogan is a true authority on the subject how NOT to hype Ronda.

Rogan acting like he never sucked Ronda's cock in the past. We didn't forget Joe.

that's ironic right?? the biggest rhonda fan is now denouncing that nunes is not portrayed enough in those promos.

maybe it's the WME effect??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back