Biting down on your mouth piece and saying "LETS MUTHER*****S!!!"

Ben Saunders

Blue Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
There is a time and a place to bite down on your mouth piece while in the heat of battle and just say "LETS MUTHERFUKERS"

To me that was a moment within a fight where a "Confidence Meter" Starts to raise with your opponent and you gotta say it's either him or me! In this moment I get to make the rationale choice to weathering the storm with crisp defense and allowing my oppositions time to gain confidence which has been shown to make a situation harder to overcome. Or bite down on my mouth piece and believe in my skillset in order to attempt to strike back every angle i could. Attacking no matter where the fight was taking place.

Kenny is as tough as they come. And with his skillset and the rangy way he would throw his strikes made things much more tricky to overcome and capitalize on as much as I would have liked. We both have gained a ton of respect for eachother and i look forward to seeing him do big things in the future.

Sometimes entertainment can be accepted even by the most critical technicians. Cause sometimes fights turn into dog fights. Grit, heart, and will come out of you. We overcome and We Persevere! :)

I want to thank you all again for all the support on my martial journey. 3 and 0 in my UFC debut feels really good, and i can't express how much fun it has been to share this all with you. :D

congrats. Interesting watch as always.

I can dig it. Toughness is a crucial intangible when it comes to fighting.

Great fight Ben. Congrats on the win and being the first guy to win a round from guard since Bas Rutten lol

I was rooting for you Killa B but damn that was a close fight. Did you have any doubt at the end that you might lose a decision?

Congrats on the win Ben, your guard was super impressive never seen a guy so clearly win a round from his back

Thank you for the match, that was a real war. I must admit, I see that fight as a Draw, but that's just because I personally ignore scoring altogether, and just like to judge the fights as a whole my own way. Short of a finish, I look for domination, and no one truly dominated the other. Both of you just dug down and gritted it out, but with lots of technique also. Both of you refused to break in that fight, it was a really mean one.

However, I must also admit that I was rooting for you, and so I'm glad you got the nod, as I want to see your story progress. I also have a lot of respect for Kenny too, and I know a fight like that won't set him back much. Everybody loved that fight, so everybody gained fans that night. Great match.

Bravo seems to be a really good fit for you, you always had a respectable ground game for years, but he really seems to have changed something in you and is taking your jiujitsu to the next level.

Hope to see you continue to gather W's and fight for the UFC title someday.

I was rooting for you Killa B but damn that was a close fight. Did you have any doubt at the end that you might lose a decision?

I thought i was up Rd. 1 and Rd. 3 but my corner thought i might be down 2 rounds and wanted me to finish, I tried to finish on the feet, hurt him, he took me down so then i kept attacking from there, last moments of the round i tried to sweep to mount and he got out we scrambled, i tried sweep him and then back to guard.

But man Robertson is tough as hell!

you know i've said the same thing a few times, except i was biting down on a pillow...

kidding aside, you and fedor and a few others bring it and make for legend fights and fans never forget that. in reality, real fans follow fighters because of who they are and how they fight, not for their records. im still a frank shamrock and fedor fan. i still consider fedor vs mirko the best fight ever. and ill proly be a fan of yours, come victory or loss. but im glad you got the W

it's also the humble mark of a champion to realize the value of the opponent in victory and wish them well

thanks

good fight killa b....more ppl need to show an offensive guard, love when someone wins a fight on bottom

Thank you for the match, that was a real war. I must admit, I see that fight as a Draw, but that's just because I personally ignore scoring altogether, and just like to judge the fights as a whole my own way. Short of a finish, I look for domination, and no one truly dominated the other. Both of you just dug down and gritted it out, but with lots of technique also. Both of you refused to break in that fight, it was a really mean one.

However, I must also admit that I was rooting for you, and so I'm glad you got the nod, as I want to see your story progress. I also have a lot of respect for Kenny too, and I know a fight like that won't set him back much. Everybody loved that fight, so everybody gained fans that night. Great match.

Bravo seems to be a really good fit for you, you always had a respectable ground game for years, but he really seems to have changed something in you and is taking your jiujitsu to the next level.

Hope to see you continue to gather W's and fight for the UFC title someday.

Thank you so much man. I gained a lot more ring experience which is great to grow and learn from. I will keep working hard to improve and we will see how far we can go. :)

Eddie is the man and Antoni Hardonk is awesome!

Fucking sick guard, bro. Bravo is saying, "Bravo!"

Nice fight Ben, hope you do well in the future. We'll miss you on Sherdog when the immature idiots here drive you to stop posting. I for one think it's great having pros post here, you get some fascinating insight from guys (and women) who have been in the cage.

Great win, would like to see you get a top 10-15 WW next. Do you have anyone in mind for your next fight *cough* Matt Brown *cough*

Great fight and congratulations on your win, not far from the Top 15 now. Your guard is a very scary place to be, even against a legit grappler. Keep it up, Killa-B.

Back