Bite Me Mouthguards splits up

Hope this doesnt mean the mouth piece I ordered will come out erratic.

If I'm making it then it will be to the best of my abilities. I take pride in my work as if the guard were for me.

Tom can you see my status on my mouth guard or anyone for that matter. Its Danny Lee. PM if you like.

I am truely saddened at the split you two are going through, but please leave it in private. The mouthguard industry has for years been dominated by boil and bite mouthguards, I understand that in any break-up there are bad feelings, but we all preach the same information we are 1000% more protective than any boil and bite on the market. Understand who is really your competition gladiator,biteme, protech, no!! crap boil and bites that are no more protective than "a sock as a cup" thanks Tom great quote.I will do my best to support both companies as they both will bring you mouthguards that are light years ahead of what you get in your sporting goods store or even an opro. Please stick to the greatness of our products and forget the personal stuff, and Joe remember who your competition is not Tom,or me, but opro, shock dr. wipps and others who pretend to offer the quality that we do!! :icon_idea

Icedog,

Thanks for the support. I was not trying to bad mouth anyone nor was I going down a road that would lead to it. Tom and I had a lot of good times togehter and I will continue to make quality guards with or without him. It all has to do with the matter in how things are trying to be done. I know we all will have quality products and everyone will benifit from the competion.

Looks like the split was less than amicable and there might be some hostility. Whatever grievances there may be should either be made publicly here or not mentioned at all. PMing inqurying users is very one sided and will only make things worse. It will be interesting to see what becomes of this and what price changes will result. As it currently stands I'm going to go with another competitor while you two sort things out. I'll purchase another mouthgaurd in the next few months so I look forward to doing business with either one or both of you.

As for those complaining about the price it does seem somewhat expensive especially in relation to boil&bite mouthguards. Granted most of the dissention comes from those who live in a country with a notorious disregard for dentistry. ;) If you ever had to repair a chipped tooth or had a tooth knocked out or had a bridge then you'll gladly pay whatever cost to avoid it from happening again. I myself have never had a tooth knocked out but those who have always told me what a pain a bridge is and what a hassle it was. They albeit it after the fact constantly re-iterate the importance of proper mouth protection so one should take heed of their warnings. This is one area you don't want to skimp on.

perfy said:
As it currently stands I'm going to go with another competitor while you two sort things out.

I think Tom stated he was now in buisness on his own. What is there to sort out?

Yea Jamison, I really want to see that guard. I may have to order one.

So is all of this why i STILL haven't recieved an impression kit?

J-Braz said:
So is all of this why I STILL haven't recieved an impression kit?
send Tom a PM. It's not like they know your name and when you ordered, from your screen name.

Yes. Anyone questioning there order please send me a pm.

Also I want to add. Anyone going to the Bite Me site will see a picture of some mouthguards. If you go to Protech's site you will see the same pictures. That's because I made each and every one of those guards and personally made the guards for:

Mike Swick
Randy Cotoure {the Natural and the American Flag)
Chuck Liddel (Icicles)
Diego Sanchez
Nate Quarry
Cris Lebin
Chris Brennon
Paul Buentello
Eddie Bravo {3-D goofy teeth)
Jason Miller (Platinum teeth)
Crazy Horse (Gold teeth)
Joker from Tap Out (3-D flames)
Joe Rogan (UFC & Fear Factor)
Pete Spratt
Ken Shamrock
and more....

Don't be fooled by a company that uses pictures of guards other than the ones made by that company.
Buyer beware! Bite Me has split up and lost the creator of it's mouthguards.

We're on a temporary server but check us out.
www.isopc.com/protechmouthguards
When it goes up check out www.protechmouthguards.com

Maybe im out of the loop a bit but why is opro lumped in with shockdoc? I was under the impression that they were basicaly the same thing as biteme and gladiator?

Codysweeto2

I think maybe it comes down to being machine made vs. hand made. There is a very big diffrence in the finished product. My understanding is that OPRO mouthguards are all basically the same size regardless of the size of your dental arch. That can mean not enough coverage, hence not enough protection. That, in my opinion, will easily lump them together with shock doc and boil and bites alike.
Not to mention the fit of OPRO can vary from snug to cutting off circulation to your gums.

I just looked at his page. he is now SPONSORED by Gladiator.

Gotcha... I was just curious. Your website looks good so far, BTW. You should throw a pic of your "fangs" on there since everyone seems to ask about those.

Back