Bit of Rolling Fun from Belgium Globetrotter Camp

Invisible Jiu Jitsu

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score

Also some links will pop up during the video to a few of the techs I do during the roll

Terry not a fan of the body triangle

No Dirty Holt, I'm definitely not a fan of the body triangle. I was just playing with him though. You have to let these black belts win every once in a while or they get disheartened and quit. It's not just blue belts who leave when the going gets tough. Next time it'll be a bloodbath. lol. Joking aside, the roll was a lot of fun and at my level (i'm an older purple belt hobbyist who's never going to set the world on fire) it keeps things real to be manhandled by the high level guys.

I thought American BJJ players were hipsters until 2:15. Good grief.

I love that after training for a really long time, you can tell in the first 8 seconds of watching a roll how good someone is going to be.... it's just the relaxed posture, body language, etc. Not sure if I can quantify it, but you just know.

I like this sweep idea at 1:45. Like an over-tie, but using your free arm to double-up on the far arm (where the base would be) and using a butterfly from the near leg.

I like this sweep idea at 1:45. Like an over-tie, but using your free arm to double-up on the far arm (where the base would be) and using a butterfly from the near leg.

100% honestly now, I don't think I ever did that sweep before in my life hahaha. It just felt right at the time. A lot of my jiu jitsu (and I suspect others too once they've been training a fair while) is made up on the spot because I feel an opening :)

I love that after training for a really long time, you can tell in the first 8 seconds of watching a roll how good someone is going to be.... it's just the relaxed posture, body language, etc. Not sure if I can quantify it, but you just know.

Not sure if I'm good or just lazy hahaha

Back