Bispings idea on judging

Listening to anything Bisping has to say.

<JonesLaugh>
well you must agree, its alot better than listening to everything you have to say about MMA.
<BC1>

On Topic
i see only pros.
Transparency is only good.

Judges would need to be away from the public or with added security.
Sports fans can be some of the most aggressive human beings in the world and I can easily picture fans attacking the judges.

Will force some winning fighters to possibly stall or evade fighting all together possibly.
Would make for some crazy last rounds though. The losing fighter would probably go berserk

Imagine a fighter having that post fight meltdown where they’re fuckin pissed the judges got it wrong IN BETWEEN ROUNDS lol

Listening to anything Bisping has to say.

<JonesLaugh>

I myself find him pretty smart If he's not just talking shit. And he knows the sport inside out. At least make the judges put in the scores into a system after each round so it's really round by round. I mean if round by round is what we want. Btw, I don't see a big robbery here, but I do see a problem.

Watch the boxing in the Olympics in Tokyo later this year.
They do it in 'amateur' boxing and have done for a while.

I'm not sure it makes much/any difference. People losing going into the last still lose and don't get a KO win.

Sounds good to me.

Only issue is if a fighter gets robbed of a round they clearly won that might mess with their head and distract them during the fight.

It would be good though if a fighter knew what they needed to do in the final round. Should result in more entertaining finishes e.g. if a fighter knows they are down 3-1 they know they have to go for a finish but if they think it might be 2-2 they might settle for doing barely enough to win the round.

I'd also favour more but shorter rounds. Bad scoring in one round is less likely to be as significant. Also gives fighters a bit more recovery time which means they don't need to be quite so conservative with their cardio (its boring to see guys holding back because they are trying to conserve it early on).

Why dont they just employ good knowledgeable judges with a background in MMA ?

Ex fighters, coaches etc ..

For the people suggesting open scoring, wouldn't it be a bit boring to have that tense moment ruined in a close fight when the winner is revealed?

Basically the only good thing about decisions is that moment. Obviously if the fight isn't close, it doesn't matter anyways and there's no suspense either way

For the people suggesting open scoring, wouldn't it be a bit boring to have that tense moment ruined in a close fight when the winner is revealed?

Basically the only good thing about decisions is that moment. Obviously if the fight isn't close, it doesn't matter anyways and there's no suspense either way

I might be a contrarian here but I don't like this idea for precisely this reason. Another point for concern is that it will most likely expose the judges to real time abuse from the fans should the scoring not favor to the homeboy.

I agree 100% that judging in MMA is a problem and that something must be done about, but I don't think open scoring is not the way to go. Employing a standard ruleset across commissions, as well as working on the training and accountability of MMA judges, should be priorities.

Its actually good. You can question the judges too why it was scored in xyz fighters favour. Make judges give thier reason on camera.

That's an original idea.

Haven't heard it before. Good job Mike.

Back