Bispings idea on judging

Anewt

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Was just watching the podcast he floated the idea of Judges score cards being visible to the arena and the fighters.

Gets rid of judges annomity and also will force action in the later rounds as you would know your losing.

It's to me , one of the better suggestions to resolve scoring.

Thoughts ? Pros / cons?

Doesn't K1 have that? Might be a distraction TBH

Sounds good to me.

Only issue is if a fighter gets robbed of a round they clearly won that might mess with their head and distract them during the fight.

Sounds good to me.

Only issue is if a fighter gets robbed of a round they clearly won that might mess with their head and distract them during the fight.
It could yeah. But it also would bring a level of accountability to the role that could lead to less egregious round scorings like that. Get enough live "WTF?" moments of scores appearing on the screen that are fucked and those judges are getting called out hella fast. Not changing anything certainly isn't fixing anything so something has to be attempted at the very least. Transparency is never a bad way to go.

Sounds good to me.

I was thinking about that. For the main card they would have gotten to watch 4 5 fights and how they are scored. So if takedowns are being scored highly it would potentially cause a wrestling heavy card

I think it would be great to see how corners manage that real time data with their fighters.

- open scoring
- half-point intervals
- last round counts double

The leader after 2 or 3 rounds depending on the length of the fight, and score could coast the last 1, or 2 rounds. I guess the other side of that is the guy losing either goes for it or loses.

But the guy leading could literally run away for the last round or two.

It has pros and cons depending on what you’re trying to accomplish. But, it might hold the judges slightly more accountable.

they’re going to have to isolate the judges somehow or after rnd 1 they’re going to get pelted with shit

They are actually going to test this out on the next Invicta card on March 6th

I’ll be watching and interested to see how it goes.

It’s a Phoenix Rising tournament, that night, right? Don’t they have two round fights? I’m trying to remember the format.

I agree with 'Ping.

If the whole stadium sees the scoring in real time, the judges will have a lot more accountability.
It will discourage them from doing anything egregious.

One downside, though: it will bias them more to the crowd favorite.

Just like any other sport, knowing the score is a good thing.

Glory does this fairly consistently. I am not aware of any negative issues arising from it.
They should also publish the name of the judge, as well as their photo, phone number and home address. See who isn't paying attention then

Better scoring system, more judges and better judges. Close fights can go to a video review , call the winner later. To much action to judge a close call. Majority of fights a clear winner . The exceptions especially titles is main controversies since so much at stake.

It also matters who the judges are. If you got the same boxing chills, making the same errors, exposing them doesn't address their lack of competence and understanding. I'd say remove the boxing dweebs and add former MMA fighters with impeccable reputation.

Or you can even expand the pool of experts to former coaches, trainers, analysts, and general MMA scholars.

- open scoring
- half-point intervals
- last round counts double
2 for 3! Not bad. Last round counts as double haha yeah buddie the touchdown at the end of the game means more than the touchdown at the start! And before you say this is a fight not a football game, it is also a fight scored as 3 or 5 individual rounds with no round counting as more. If you choose to use cardio late as opposed to later you shouldn't be rewarded double for trying your hardest at the end and not the beginning.

Back