Bispings Chin - TheStrikingGuy

Great article, pointed out a shitload of stuff I didn't even notice. I'm surprised these issues haven't been addressed and worked on for a long time. If they have been addressed then Bisping doesn't seem to be adapting

I've noticed most fighters just don't change bad habits. You can show them tape but they go right back to doing shit the wrong way when its fight time

Mark Hunt
Roy Nelson
Rampage
Fedor
Fujita
Noguiera

You can get knocked out no matter how good your chin is.

No, i'm not saying Bispings chin is on the level of any of these guys......but it's damn solid.....

I don't recall any of those being a single, solitary shot that put them completely unconscious. Most aside from Hunt were accumulated damage. Bisping went from conscious to deep steep in the blink of an eye. I just don't see how Bisping has absorbed powerful shots to the point where anyone can claim he has a damn solid chin.

I've noticed most fighters just don't change bad habits. You can show them tape but they go right back to doing shit the wrong way when its fight time

Habits are tough as hell. Just try to change your handwriting.

Nelson has a fantastic chin, and Arlovski basically put him out with a single blow.

Nelson wasn't even close to KO'd in the fight. It was a solid knockdown and the ref called it the second he went down. He was up and complaining instantly.

The ref had it out for him, that night. Stood him up from side control working submissions, got him all frustrated, then called the fight the second he looked hurt.

Some of the worst reffing I've ever seen.

Mark Hunt
Roy Nelson
Rampage
Fedor
Fujita
Noguiera

You can get knocked out no matter how good your chin is.

No, i'm not saying Bispings chin is on the level of any of these guys......but it's damn solid.....

When you get rocked in 6/9 fights that is not a solid chin. Maybe we just have a different definition of a solid chin.

It wasn't a single blow in any way shape or form.

Nelson wasn't even close to KO'd in the fight. It was a solid knockdown and the ref called it the second he went down. He was up and complaining instantly.

The ref had it out for him, that night. Stood him up from side control working submissions, got him all frustrated, then called the fight the second he looked hurt.

Some of the worst reffing I've ever seen.

Sometimes, my memory fails me a bit. All I remembered from that fight was a huge right hand and Nelson falling like a sack of potatoes, turns out there was a bit more than that.

It wasn't a single blow in any way shape or form.

This, as well. He had just nailed Roy with a huge uppercut that came at the end of a combo. It took quite a few clean shots to drop Big Country.

The funny thing is, as soon at he hit the mat, he rolled to his back to defend only to find the ref waving the fight off. You can actually see him bitching out the ref from the mat seconds after the knock down.

Nelson has never been KOed, although Arlovski did come the closest.

Yeah. the biggest holes in Bisping's game have always been his bad defensive habits. He never learned to circle properly against orthodox fighters (being a converted southpaw).

It'll be interesting to see if he can fix that against Vitor's blitzkrieg attack.

Chuck made that sacrifice. He kept his hands low so he could defend takedowns better. It caught up to him once his reflexes started to fade.

Yep. It's amazing that even working with Howard Davis Jr. couldn't get his hands up or his feet moving.

Once you're stuck in your ways, learning new stuff can be more difficult than the actual fights.

this must have been right before his fight with chuck..........

Bernard Hopkins killed chucks chin in a way lol

If you contrast him with someone like Gustafson you can see a clear defensive difference. Gus regularly brings his hands back to his body BUT is very adept at using his shoulders and footwork to avoid power strikes.
This is doubtlessly down to his good boxing pedigree.

He didn't seem very adept at avoiding Shogun's power strikes

Yeah. the biggest holes in Bisping's game have always been his bad defensive habits. He never learned to circle properly against orthodox fighters (being a converted southpaw).

It'll be interesting to see if he can fix that against Vitor's blitzkrieg attack.

Well Vitor's a southpaw so this might even be a good thing

In truth Bisping's real strengths are his cardio and his striking variety and pace - not his technical ability.

Well said.

Great article as usual Jack.

he is noy a converted southpaw. he has alwaus fought orthodox

Back