Bisping Worried He'll Be Cut After Loss to Cung Le

Him saying he feels he has his back against the wall =/= him being worried he'll be cut if he loses his next fight.

you did the same thing with your Jack Slack thread

I don't think Bisping has anything to worry about as far as his job security goes. He's been with the company forever and he's fairly popular or at least recognizable; he may not be loved by the majority of UFC fans but everyone knows who he is and he's a prominent fighter from the UK, which is an important market for Zuffa. Having said that, Le's a tough match-up for him and I could definitely see him putting Bisping to sleep or outpointing him en route to a decision victory.

As for his comments about his fight with Tim Kennedy, sounds like a lot of sour grapes. Kennedy had his way with Bisping and took the fight where he wanted it to go. Just because he didn't keep it standing and strike with Bisping for 5 rounds doesn't mean he "didn't engage."

dont think he'll get cut. they could use him for uk cards

I was trying my best, but only one of us wanted to fight and that was me. The other guy didn't engage."

Jesus Christ. That's just incredibly awful. He should be beyond embarrassed.

The guy did nothing but engage him all night.

Jesus Christ. That's just incredibly awful. He should be beyond embarrassed.

The guy did nothing but engage him all night.

I guess he don't consider being hit by a few stinging right hands and the being slammed to the ground, and eating some ground and pound the whole fight getting engaged.

You don't cut a dude like Bisping, he will still be a draw even after two losses. UFC wouldn't cut him, maybe a pay cut but UFC needs guys like him.

This. Bisping is still a pretty big name, especially for British fans. You can't cut everyone that loses a few fights. Plus, he has the Fox broadcasting gig. Do you really want a guy who is fighting for another organization (probably Bellator) broadcasting your events? I'm surprised the UFC doesn't put something in their active fighters' contracts to not allow them to also do broadcasting work. It pretty much makes them untouchable. You want the media on your side.

I guess he don't consider being hit by a few stinging right hands and the being slammed to the ground, and eating some ground and pound the whole fight getting engaged.

This. I guess some of those bombs he ate made him forget that he also lost the stand up striking in that fight as well.

Bisping's chin impressed me in that fight. I would've never dreamed he would've eaten those shots from Kennedy.

To me this is why Bisping is so hated. It's not his trash talk it's his horseshit he throws around. The truth is Kennedy beat him up on their feet as well. The only thing impressive about Bisping in that fight was his chin. He took some really big right hands but the idea he was the only one looking to fight is total horseshit.

Not gonna happen, too valuable to just give away to a rival MMA organization.

So Bisping loss because Kennedy wouldn't let him slap his way to a decision win?

He's one of the few fighters that is safe. They need him for the UK cards.

He definitely doesn't want to go on a losing streak if his contract is up withint the next couple of fights. The UFC is a business and they will cut your pay if you're on a skid. Ask Hendo.

That's such a fucking cop-out. So you're only engaging someone if you strike with them now? ugh. If he gets cut then I honestly wouldn't even care, the guy has been on the roster for eight years and is 0-6 in big fights.

I know right? Btw, this is the same guy who used takedowns to beat Stann when he felt his power and now he's crying because Kennedy treated him like a child on the mat. Besides, Kennedy landed the hardest punches of that fight and was more effective with his top game than Bisping was against Stann. I was rooting for Bisping but he got handled across five rounds and had nothing for Kennedy.

He is never gonna be cut.

Back