Media Bisping will be LEAD ACTOR in boxing movie

"Bisping will play Kenney “The Beast” Breen, “an alcoholic, drug-abusing, past-his-prime journeyman boxer with a record of 11-85-0 who, after being diagnosed with neurological damage, continues his career on the small-hall circuit at grave risk to himself.”

Sounds kind of awesome. Excited to see this, hope Bisping has the acting chops to pull it off.
Same. I know nothing about acting but assume that, like most things in life, you have to do it for a long time to be very good at it, not unlike MMA or any other skillset. That being said I don't expect Michael to be any good at it, just like I wouldn't expect an actor to come in and win their first MMA fight. Maybe he'll surprise but yeah, tall order.

Nonetheless, Couture and Bas aren't really playing lead. And can't really judge a film's quality by its budget... though I don't see any budding Aronofsky involved in this one.
No but there's certainly a difference between being the lead in a small movie, and a big movie. or being in a prime time TV show. shrug.

Nonetheless, Couture and Bas aren't really playing lead. And can't really judge a film's quality by its budget... though I don't see any budding Aronofsky involved in this one.
They aren't but, playing the lead in a small indie film to me is not the same level as being in a feature film or on a popular TV show. shrug.

Same. I know nothing about acting but assume that, like most things in life, you have to do it for a long time to be very good at it, not unlike MMA or any other skillset. That being said I don't expect Michael to be any good at it, just like I wouldn't expect an actor to come in and win their first MMA fight. Maybe he'll surprise but yeah, tall order.

Some guys just "have it". See Barkhad Abdi in Captain Philips: "Was working as a chauffeur when he was cast in Captain Phillips (2013). He had no previous acting experience or any aspirations to become an actor."

Hopefully he's been getting acting classes or something. Is the boxer going to be british, or will he need a fake accent?

lol "journeyman" thats what ppl were callin bisping until he KOd rockhold n became champ,regardless he was considered a journeyman.

I wouldn't get your hopes up, he looked pretty woeful in some of the movies I've seen in him. I doubt this movie will be backed by a good production company or director, probably a b grade straight to DVD. He was recently in a movie based on Lenny McClean, shame they butchered that movie, Guy Ritchie should of been the director, great injustice of a great story on an intense man.

Glad for him!

However, when Woodley is not wooing us with his masterful singing, he's no slouch on the silver screen either:
DmdX80OXcAA-lw_.jpg

Nothing but systemic racism keeps him from being an A-lister.

Wow that made me laugh. Well played

Can't wait to see your reaction when it's revealed that this is a silent movie.

Went to theater to see this

edf7d33a5cf2bdd2c78723e2d8c098ec.jpg

and own this

81lXTia0AVL._SL1500_.jpg

Damn dubbs^ just realized i posted a french poster it's from xXx Return of Xander gae..

Back