Bisping was an elite MW before tonight's win.

Sigoff2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Tonight's performance merely confirmed what has always been true. How can anyone be ranked in the top ten for close to a decade and not be considered to be among the best of the best? He is the Cal Ripken of MMA who never goes away.

Yes Anderson will always be the MW GOAT and Bisping will always exist in his shadow. Look at the longevity that has been lacking from so many other MWs who have faded away long after Bisping has remained near the top. Marquardt, Okami, Sonnen, Rich Franklin. I still maintain that Rich Franklin is not fit to tie Bisping's shoelaces and possesses a far inferior career overall.

Next for Bisping? As a realist, I'd like to see him kick yet another hopeful and bright eyed wannabe back to the end of the line near irrelevancy. Robert Whittaker here we come!

He got KO'd by a 55yr old Anderson Silva. Yeah, the guy's great alright...

He just fought a guy who broke his leg, got ko'd, had two long layoffs and is nearing 40. If that's not the definition of damaged goods, I don't know what is.

He's good but for me elite means a realistic title contender which Bisping doesn't seem to be.

Bisping cemented his status as one of the greatest mws ever.

This can all only be considered not laughable because the sport is so young.
Damn LOL

and yet he still won lol, someone that isn't great wouldn't have done that
shia-labeouf-magic-gif.gif

Interesting..he's been top 10 in the world for most of his UFC career. Just to be clear what exactly do you think elite means?

An elite fighter is someone that completely dominates fighters they're supposed to and consistently beats other top competition.

Before this fight, Bisping's best wins were Belcher and Stann. Not what I'd call an elite MW

Interesting..he's been top 10 in the world for most of his UFC career. Just to be clear what exactly do you think elite means?

Usually top 4 or 5 in the division, but it varies by division (ex. the elite at LHW are clearly Jones, Cormier, Gus, and Rumble as everyone else is a clear step down from that group). Someone who is actually on a comparable level with the best in the division. Even when Bisping got pretty advantageous style matchups with the so-called elite of MW division (Sonnen was briefly elite in my view), he came up short. He's been a solid MW for a long time, but he's always been step down from the very best. No shame in that, and his longevity and consistency is impressive, but he falls short of ever being considered an elite MW.

Yeah he's always been underrated

Bisping has most wins in the UFC next to GSP and Matt Hughes. Winning often, and winning for almost ten years in the premier MMA organization = top 10 MW GOAT status. Guys like Rich Franklin and Nate Marquardt were flash in the pans who disappeared once the division got tougher. Bisping has stayed around and will continue to do so. Eat my dust you insensitive fuck.

Back