Bisping vs Machida

Anderson
Franklin
Vitor
Henderson
Weidman
Rockhold

There's 6.
Pride MW was 195 to 205. This disqualifies Vitor, Wand, and Hendo. I won't say anything about Franklin's lack of quality opposition. Wait I just did.

Honestly, no it's not.

I will never cease to be amazed how easily fans minds are swayed.
Funny how you kept calling fans delusional to believe he would take the fight at 200, than went to complete silence and then kept calling fans delusional again for having a different opinion lel

You mean that fight 95 percent of the world thought he won?

The division he fought for the title im and gave Weidman his toughest fight in?

Yeah, ignored, fucking idiot.
He fought for the title? I suppose he deserves a cookie then. He is irrelevant now and Bisping will continue GOATing for the rest of the year.

Laughable. You mean like the beating he put on Phil Davis? Lol Bisping is one of the MW GOATS in a division where Lyoto couldn't hack it.
Idk about bisping being a MW goat. Plus lyoto was out striking luke before that right hook put him on the ground. It wasn't even a knockdown, it was just a weird off balance issue. I don't think Michael could take lyoto down & lyoto did okay on the feet with Romero too. Wouldn't be surprised if he got a decision over bisping.

Funny how you kept calling fans delusional to believe he would take the fight at 200, than went to complete silence and then kept calling fans delusional again for having a different opinion lel

I'm assuming you're talking about Anderson Silva?

For starters, I had more than enough reason to believe he would have never taken the fight. Obviously I was wrong. However I went out of my way to give him the credit he deserves for taking that fight, and didn't keep silent. He deserves massive credit. However, if you watched the fight you would have clearly seen why 1). I thought he would never take the fight, and 2). Why he clearly should not have taken the fight. He was rendered completely useless for 15 minutes straight and looked very bad. He offered nothing but attempting to survive.

More importantly, I have no idea what this has to do with the thread.

I think machida is better at pretty much every aspect of mma than bisping. He is also one of my favorites, so I would favor him personally in this match up.

Of course rockhold is also better than bisping at almost everything and we all know how that went. This is mma after all.

Actually Bisping is a much better boxer than Rockhold. I picked Rockhold for their second fight but even so remember saying that if Bisping can make it a boxing match he had a shot... And a shot he had!

Even in the Rockhold/machida fight, I recall Lyoto landing a few punches easily before it hit the ground.

I think Rockhold has great BJJ and great kicks, but his boxing skills are a bit lacking.

I'm assuming you're talking about Anderson Silva?

For starters, I had more than enough reason to believe he would have never taken the fight. Obviously I was wrong. However I went out of my way to give him the credit he deserves for taking that fight, and didn't keep silent. He deserves massive credit. However, if you watched the fight you would have clearly seen why 1). I thought he would never take the fight, and 2). Why he clearly should not have taken the fight. He was rendered completely useless for 15 minutes straight and looked very bad. He offered nothing but attempting to survive.

More importantly, I have no idea what this has to do with the thread.
The point is don't use words as delusional and easily swayed to things that aren't that far fetched

Laughable. You mean like the beating he put on Phil Davis? Lol Bisping is one of the MW GOATS in a division where Lyoto couldn't hack it.

You're really going to bring up Machida vs Davis??? The fight that everyone except the judges thought that Lyoto won?

But yeah...Phil won that fight... :rolleyes:

MEDIA SCORES Adam Martin Sportsnet.ca 28-29 Machida
Steven Rondina BleacherReport.com 28-29 Machida
Shaun Al-Shatti MMAFighting.com 28-29 Machida
MMAWeekly.com 27-30 Machida
Nathan McCarter BleacherReport.com 27-30 Machida
Brent Brookhouse BloodyElbow.com 27-30 Machida
Chris Nelson Sherdog.com 27-30 Machida
TJ DeSantis Sherdog.com 27-30 Machida
Jordan Breen Sherdog.com 27-30 Machida
MMAJunkie.com 27-30 Machida
Jason Floyd TheMMAReport.com 27-30 Machida
Tim Burke BloodyElbow.com 27-30 Machida
FightMetric.com 27-30 Machida

http://mmadecisions.com/decision/4380/Phil-Davis-vs-Lyoto-Machida

Even well respected color commentator, Brian Stann, spoke often about Machida out striking Davis, as well as doing a wonderful job of using a "whizzer" to avoid most take downs.

"Davis really needs to do something here -- to have any chance of winning this fight."

Dana White said:
"Machida definitely won that fight, definitely. But, that's his fault. He knows MMA judging sucks. It's terrible, it's [expletive], but he went out there and let him do it. I can't remember whether it was the first or the second, but Machida had that combination where he threw all those punches and ran across the cage and ended with that knee. That's when he's really good. But, he wants to stay back and be a counter puncher and wait and fight cautiously. He's got the abilities, but he just doesn't bring it. He loves the counter and he got taken down at the end of both rounds."

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/8/4/45...steals-a-win-from-hometown-hero-lyoto-machida

The point is don't use words as delusional and easily swayed to things that aren't that far fetched

I think I'm gonna do what I want.

So I will recap.

Anderson taking a fight with DC on short notice was very farfetched. I will not back off that even though it actually did end up taking place.

Fans have been easily swayed by Bisping beating Rockhold.

Your just gonna have to deal with it.

I think machida is better at pretty much every aspect of mma than bisping. He is also one of my favorites, so I would favor him personally in this match up.

Of course rockhold is also better than bisping at almost everything and we all know how that went. This is mma after all.

Let's look at their fights in more detail and lets be honest, nothing indicates to me that Rockhold is a better striker than Bisping. Their first fight was already close, first round was a split, and Bisping got caught with a high kick in the second; their second fight Rockhold got caught with a hook. I just don't see Rockhold being above Bisping in the striking department and I easily see it going 50/50 if they fight on the foot again, and I would even lean a bit towards Bisping considering he seem to be dangerous when he is in the right mentality and against other striking oriented fighters (Rockhold isn't known for offensive takedowns, so Bisping might not fear it from him, and when Bisping doesn't need to defend takedowns, he is a dangerous striker, even out striking Silva). Machida's weakness has always being his openings after going on a berserker mode and that's how he lost against Rockhold. This fight won't go on the ground and that's for sure.

Kind of hilarious how Bisping dickslaps A. Silva, Machida, and other fighters that would have been -500 favorites against him a couple of years ago.

rofl MMA is crazy.

Bisping I have as number 5 mw Goat

Anderson
Vitor
Franklin
Sonnen
Bisping

giphy.gif

You're really going to bring up Machida vs Davis??? The fight that everyone except the judges thought that Lyoto won?

But yeah...Phil won that fight... :rolleyes:

MEDIA SCORES Adam Martin Sportsnet.ca 28-29 Machida
Steven Rondina BleacherReport.com 28-29 Machida
Shaun Al-Shatti MMAFighting.com 28-29 Machida
MMAWeekly.com 27-30 Machida
Nathan McCarter BleacherReport.com 27-30 Machida
Brent Brookhouse BloodyElbow.com 27-30 Machida
Chris Nelson Sherdog.com 27-30 Machida
TJ DeSantis Sherdog.com 27-30 Machida
Jordan Breen Sherdog.com 27-30 Machida
MMAJunkie.com 27-30 Machida
Jason Floyd TheMMAReport.com 27-30 Machida
Tim Burke BloodyElbow.com 27-30 Machida
FightMetric.com 27-30 Machida

http://mmadecisions.com/decision/4380/Phil-Davis-vs-Lyoto-Machida

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/8/4/45...steals-a-win-from-hometown-hero-lyoto-machida
You are so dumb you used a Dana White quote where he admits that Lyoto just doesn't bring it. Bisping is not an evasive fighter and never will be. Bisping is a better MW than Lyoto was at LHW. The Machida era was a myth all along.

I think I'm gonna do what I want.

So I will recap.

Anderson taking a fight with DC on short notice was very farfetched. I will not back off that even though it actually did end up taking place.

Fans have been easily swayed by Bisping beating Rockhold.

Your just gonna have to deal with it.
It's not about Bisping looking good, he's still the same fighter that got subbed by Rockhold.
It's about how Lyoto is old and slowed down, he lost agility and reflexes that his game is based on.

Is Machida juiced to the gills on DHEA or is he clean?

If Lyoto performs like he has in the past during his prime. He wins hands down. The one we saw last time, it's tough...

Back