Bisping Title Shot?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by NHB7, Feb 28, 2016.

1. NHB7

NHB7 Steel Belt

Im certain this will be a controversial proposal. In a sense I'm saying, should UFC throw the guy a bone? He has been in the UFC so long and has always come close, but never quite earned the title shot.

Several times he has been on 3 and even 4 fight winning streaks that would have earned him a title shot in another division, but there was always someone slightly more deserving in his own. Meanwhile guys like Nick Diaz were being gifted title shots coming off a loss.

Now he just beat the guy that some consider the greatest P4P of all time and some say only lost that moniker recently due to fluke losses (I disagree).

Finally, he is in the latter half of his career. It's his last hurrah, and he really did just make the most of it. Give the guy a title shot. If not, then UFC needs to stop gifting other people title shots.

2. RedSoul

RedSoul Invisible Belt

Not gonna happen. Dana said he thought that Anderson won the fight. That's Dana code for "no way this dude's getting a title shot".

Tundra likes this.
  3. KeepItRealist

KeepItRealist Silver Belt

Rockhold already beat him easily.

He'll probably fight the Henderson-Machida winner.

4. Enigma87

Enigma87 Black Belt

Jacare just lost, Romero got busted for steroids. Moose is on a one fight win streak. I could see Bisping getting winner of Rockhold/Weidman

5. punky brewster

punky brewster Black Belt

6. CDN420

CDN420 Blue Belt

I think Mousasi n the count should throwdown. The winner of that fight, fights the loser of wiedman n rockhold. Then if the count wins them 2 tough fights, he would rightfully so deserve a title shot. Moose n Bisping should be a pretty good close fight. Oh well im sure somebody will get injured along the way, then, ya never know who gets thrown in as a late replacement.

7. Cake4Breakfast

Cake4Breakfast Gold Belt

they might do a rematch with Silva?

8. GrAtI

GrAtI Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

feed him to Mousasi

9. Spycho

Spycho Black Belt

He should fight the winner of Belfort-Jacare, but the UFC being the UFC, it would not surprise me if they give him the TS; people have been getting them for less, coming of losses even. If Urijah fucking Faber keeps getting title shots over and over again just because "he's been in the sport for a long time", then so should Bisping.

10. sapporo ichiban

sapporo ichiban Black Belt

Its probably more of a Silva is done than Bisping has become a contender situation. Andy seems a little shell shocked now.

I say hell why not, give Bisping a shot, but I would base it more off of him being a good consistant gate keeper for so long and throwing him a bone than saying beating Silva means near as much as it once did.

A couple years ago people would have been laughing about this match up so in reality, whats changed?
    Has the count gotten that good or has Andy slipped that far?

11. Thepaintbucket

Thepaintbucket Silver Belt

I think it will happen and I don't think he will win.