Bisping Says Conor Should Pick Off Nate Next

Rate Conor vs. Nate III

• Total voters
4 - Nate got OWNED by Masvidal, thats the fight to make, if Nate had won that was 110% the fight to make, but shit happens and he didnt win, trilogy not super necessary here, Masvidal vs Conor on the other hand...

Why the fuck are people voting 1 ? It's a great fight, but high risk low reward for Conor he won't take it. Even if Conor was to lose to Nate at 170, it doesn't damage his chances at 155lb..he could still bid for title shot. He could fight Porrier, loser of Khabib vs Tony, Justin is he doesn't get the shot or another top 5 - 10 contender.

If Conor vs Justin was made and Conor won, I would of had no issue with him getting an title shot with only one win. However a title shot with a win over Cowboy makes absolutely no sense. I would rather Conor vs Mas or Justin, however if Nate vs Conor III was announced I would not complain.

If Conor is serious about staying at 170 I think he'll fight Robbie Lawler. A genuine name, currently in the Top Ten & yet clearly not the fighter he was so gives Conor another high profile win. In Dana's dram scenario by then Jorge has pulled off another Hail Mary over Usman & can defend against Conor who'll be going for Champ Champ champ status in the UFC's biggest fight.

If going back to 155 I think the Gaethje fight makes a lot of sense whilst waiting for Khabib at the end of the year, or if Tony pulls off a huge shock against Khabib then Conor could jump right in to a title fight come the Summer.

I think the nate fight is too dangerous, plus the rubber match will always be there as a option for a high profile fight.
Mostly agree with this. Nate fight isnt dangerous its just dumb. Also its likely he could get injured fighting nate if hes forced to go 25mins. That could take him out of a big fight. Him vs Gaethje is the obvious fight to make. The less obvious would be Conor vs Lawler or Wonderboy

Gaethje is the best fight for him
Tailor made opponent
Another 1st round destruction
no, cerone was tailor made. Gaethje is a fun fight. If he maintains his new patience instead of always going for a kill then this could be a close fight. Conor likely favored though.

Nate's face would need 30 stitches from a paper cut and his chin is gone at this point. Sorry to say but it's an extremely winnable fight for Conor and will continue the myth of "focused, humble 170lb Conor"

Another chinny, very hit able dude, thats face blows opening when sneezed on and is coming off mauling from another fighter ? sounds like the perfect fight for conor and he's nut hugger fans to wank on about how amazing he is for taking it a real challange.

I'm happy to watch Nate turn Conor into a panic-runner again.

opLdP3xvMMTQI.gif

This guy doesn't know what panic, nor what run means.

I've been saying this. Plus, the UFC wants Usman vs Masvidal & that is the right fight for the 170 division.

I could see Nate being too tough in negotiations and Gaethje sliding in.

Lol Nate on his way out of course he'll fight him next. Then RDA. Then Aldo at 185.

Na Conor Gaethje should be next then
Not interested in seeing Conor vs Nate seen it twice and Nate just came off a loss and Masvidal was beating him up

Enough exhibition fights for Conor get back in there and fight contenders and then for the belt

I really Ilike it when Conor fights the build up the press conferences he fight itself but put him in there against guys in contention for a title shot

It's kind of like people only talking about putting him in fights where the chances of winning are a lot higher

Put him in with Masvidal or Gaethje If Khabib is busy

Conor lost the first fight and the 2nd fight was a borderline draw. Not the one you want right now. Gaethje is an easier matchup who has been KO'd before and wobbled a few times really early. I'd take the justin fight, or maybe just wait on weight and slide in when khabib pulls out of the Tony fight.

If he fights Diaz again, you 100% know it's going to be at 170lbs since Conor has bulked up at this point and wants to be the bigger guy if possible. It's why he's calling out LW fighters to fight at 170...

Diaz at his best is when he's at 155lbs and will be in the best shape for a proper rubber match. If they're going to fight, it needs to be at 155lbs.

If Conor is staying at 170lbs, he needs to either fight Masvidal or someone who is a true 170lbs fighter. I'd like to see Wonderboy as that would be a fun fight. Woodley/Edwards/Maia/Covington/Usman/Chiesa all grapplefuck Conor to death so I doubt those ever happen. The other best options are against RDA and Pettis, who are former career LW fighters who are fighting in the wrong division, so they wouldn't do much for him. Lawler is an ok option, but he's ranked #10 and really wouldn't tell us much about Conor at 170lbs either.

Personally I think he's just playing around at 170lbs hoping for a gifted title shot, or a fight against Masvidal so he can attempt to take his belt. Other than that, he doesn't want anyone else at 170.

Conor is suited for 155lbs, and really needs to establish himself in the division with real contender fights.

Enough playing around, start taking fights and prove your worth if you want that title shot. If you beat all the contenders, there is no way anyone can deny you the title fight.

Back