Bisping Says Conor Should Pick Off Nate Next

Rate Conor vs. Nate III

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
1_Low-Hanging-Fruit.jpg

“Dana said if Conor wins, 100 percent the next fight for him is Khabib.

And I said, ‘What? Khabib’s just gonna do whatever he’s told?!’

And, he said, ‘Listen, Khabib will take the fight.’ He said, ‘That’s already the biggest pay-per-view in UFC history. The rematch is gonna be even bigger. There’s gonna be plenty of money involved.’

But Khabib’s fighting Tony in April. After that is Ramadan. So he’s gonna fast. He’s gonna take some time off. That’s gonna be too long I think for Conor [who wants three fights in 2020] to wait.

“So, therefore, he spoke about Nate Diaz. He said, ‘Where you at, Nathan?’

Because he doesn’t want to fight Masvidal and I’m not surprised he’s not calling out Masvidal. I’m not being disrespectful. The guy’s bigger and he’s on f*cking fire.

Kamaru Usman? He doesn’t really want to fight Kamaru Usman. Kamaru Usman is Khabib but just f*cking twice as big pretty much! The fight is Khabib but he can’t do it yet, so in the meantime pick off Nate Diaz.”

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc...want-to-fight-jorge-masvidal-or-kamaru-usman/

Last edited:
Business wise, Nate Diaz trilogy is what makes the most sense.

I care not for another Nate fight. I’d rather see Masvidal. I understand why various parties wouldn’t want this fight, though.

Theres so many possible match ups for conor i dont want to see him fight diaz again.

Gaethje is the best fight for him
Tailor made opponent
Another 1st round destruction

I'm happy to watch Nate turn Conor into a panic-runner again.

opLdP3xvMMTQI.gif

I don't think Conor is fighting Nate; it is too risky for Conor. If he loses to Khabib, the fight with Nate is still there. But if he fights Nate and loses, his hype that he has right now after beating old Cowboy would be gone. Also, the rematch with Khabib would do less numbers if he loses to Nate. Conor is going to fight someone who has a style which Conor can beat.

I'd watch these guys fight another 10 times tbh

Nate would beat Conor for the 3rd time.

If Conor is serious about staying at 170 I think he'll fight Robbie Lawler. A genuine name, currently in the Top Ten & yet clearly not the fighter he was so gives Conor another high profile win. In Dana's dram scenario by then Jorge has pulled off another Hail Mary over Usman & can defend against Conor who'll be going for Champ Champ champ status in the UFC's biggest fight.

If going back to 155 I think the Gaethje fight makes a lot of sense whilst waiting for Khabib at the end of the year, or if Tony pulls off a huge shock against Khabib then Conor could jump right in to a title fight come the Summer.

I think the nate fight is too dangerous, plus the rubber match will always be there as a option for a high profile fight.

Yeah, it’s not like Gaethje is right there in the rankings waiting for a fight, beat Cowboy before Conor did and has been entertaining in every fight he’s had in the UFC.

<{vega}>

Lol if his goal is to maintain “good guy Conor” this isn’t the guy that’s gonna let him do that

almost sure he will fight Nate next. Mark my word. He sees that Nate is pretty much done competing in top

Conor vs. Justin... Though, if Diaz & him want to get back after it, I make no complaints. Diaz or Conor vs. a broomstick & I watch

Nate vs Conor 3 is a shit fight. Theres nothing left for conor to prove in a rubber match. Nate is completely irrelevant and theres actually other interesting fights for conor like justin gathje. Zero interest in watching nate fight and even less interested in conor getting involved in another low level fight

Back