Bisping ranked 4th in UFC official rankings after Silva win.

I'm pretty sure Marquardt basically knocked him out with an illegal strike, so probably not the greatest fight to judge. Either way, he's obviously a much better fighter now than he was then and yes, that fight was probably the sole reason he was ranked.
He almost KO'd him in round one. Broke his nose in round 2. And basically killed him in round three. Leites didn't win so much as he got a technicality.

How is Machida top 5 right now? He's lost 3 of 4 and his one win was against Dolloway. Crazy. Kennedy shouldn't be ranked either. Anderson too high.

It's not that crazy when you look at who he lost to.

Weidman who was the champion when Machida fought him.
Rockhold who is the current champion.
Yoel who was the rightful number one contender until he got busted.

So his losses are to #1, #2, and if Yoel was active he'd be #3 it's not like he lost to the guys ranked 11th, 12th, or 13th.

That may be how rankings work but you do realize that the fighter that gets the W isn't necessarily the better fighter? Or did you actually think that Serra was better than GSP? I do agree that Bisping won the fight based on the scoring system but I think it was pretty obvious that Silva was the better fighter just like GSP is and always has been better than Serra.

I understand that logic and I'd agree with the GSP/Serra fight.

The problem though with the Anderson fight is, that Anderson has shown bad performances or the unwillingnes to engage before. Beside the knee there was only that front kick, that really brought Mike trouble and who knows if he had landed it if not for that knee earlier.

Another problem with that logic is, that you'd say that the champion ain't the best fighter in the division. How can u say that? It's like saying: "Yeah the guy beat everybody but aint the best fighter." Makes no sense. The guy who beat the other guy is currently better. Period.

I used to hate the guy but he definitively grew on me, I hope he gets a TS with his own merit

War Bisping

Romero, Kennedy and maybe Machida likely beat him
I say maybe Machida because he has really fallen off as of late

Bisping has done well considering his length of time the fight business

Back