Bisping ranked 4th in UFC official rankings after Silva win.

How is Machida top 5 right now? He's lost 3 of 4 and his one win was against Dolloway. Crazy. Kennedy shouldn't be ranked either. Anderson too high.

No he wasn't. He reached the top ten for the first time under this 'new breed' division.

2zfitc1.jpg
http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/4/Sherdog-Official-Mixed-Martial-Arts-Rankings-13325

I'd say give Bisping the title shot. Just because he's been busting his ass for 11 years I think he deserves it.

I'd say give Bisping the title shot. Just because he's been busting his ass for 11 years I think he deserves it.

seconded.

Well, some posters were saying that Silva was clearly better than Weidman - and would have won, had he not been clowning. Delusions are strong in some...

At least it's not as delusional to think Silva beat/could have beat Bisping, so I guess we're moving in the right direction.

Bisping clearly won that fight, though, hence was the better fighter.
That may be how rankings work but you do realize that the fighter that gets the W isn't necessarily the better fighter? Or did you actually think that Serra was better than GSP? I do agree that Bisping won the fight based on the scoring system but I think it was pretty obvious that Silva was the better fighter just like GSP is and always has been better than Serra.

As he should?

Whittaker coming for that belt tho.

14w7lox.jpg

Those rankings are missing a bunch of fighters. These are from the same date.
Sherdog has never done UFC-only rankings. And the rankings I posted have most of the same names, several of which were not in the UFC.

Wow i just realised how weak that division is, especially since fucken bisping is ranked fourth. Bring on the rise of whittaker.
Been saying that as well. He's solid and could do some damage at 185. I still don't think he could handle Luke's grappling, but I would love to see that. I'm interested in his fight with natal.

he looked great in there with silva.

he could even be higher than that, I would have him above Belfort.

I've always disliked Bisping, both for his personality and for what I considered his boring, point-fighting style.

But I have to say, after seeing what he showed against Anderson, the fearlessness in constantly coming forward and the heart to fight through the kind of damage that would have broken a lot of other guys, I am now a fan (sort of) of Michael Bisping.

WAR Bisquick!

used to dislike bisping in the TUF and TUF coaching days but he's matured a lot in the past years, both in the cage and as a personality outside. his beef with rivera and illegal knee/spitting were a low point of his career but yeah.

rivera went too far too trash talking bisping's family/wife and especially with that cringeworthy video.

Sherdog has never done UFC-only rankings. And the rankings I posted have most of the same names, several of which were not in the UFC.
I assumed it was a UFC only rankings because Leites has never been top ten until recently. It was just a bogus MW ranking list. That was my bad. They probably ranked him there because of the worlds biggest robbery:

242h1l3.jpg

I assumed it was a UFC only rankings because Leites has never been top ten until recently. It was just a bogus MW ranking list. That was my bad. They probably ranked him there because of the worlds biggest robbery:

242h1l3.jpg
From what I recall Marquardt was deducted at least one point in that fight. I want to say it was an illegal knee.

From what I recall Marquardt was deducted at least one point in that fight. I want to say it was an illegal knee.
He was deducted two points from memory but it was a murder. One in the second and one in the third and he still only lost a split. It was basically a Hamill Jones situation but worse.

He was deducted two points from memory but it was a murder. One in the second and one in the third and he still only lost a split. It was basically a Hamill Jones situation but worse.
I'm pretty sure Marquardt basically knocked him out with an illegal strike, so probably not the greatest fight to judge. Either way, he's obviously a much better fighter now than he was then and yes, that fight was probably the sole reason he was ranked.

I do agree that Bisping won the fight based on the scoring system but I think it was pretty obvious that Silva was the better fighter just like GSP is and always has been better than Serra.

My theory is that if you watched that fight not knowing those two dudes fighting and their previous fights, you wouldn't say "it was pretty obvious that Silva was the better fighter".

You're saying that based on not that particular fight but based on you knowing that Anderson could potentially do this and do that, and oh, he could just tee off on Bisping instead of clowning.

But he didn't. Based on the particular fight, it wasn't obvious that Silva was the better fighter.

Back