Bisping putting his foot in

Because we have to listen to the media telling us she's a hero. It's a poor reflection on society.
She's not a hero, she's a selfish quitter and a poor role model for anyone.

If a white male quit mid event. No one would be calling him a hero.

Oh, we do? If I didn't wanna listen to it on the radio this morning, I would have simply changed the station.

And ? Still a moron for calling someone from a totally different sport a quitter.

But she did quit, she was scheduled to compete and instead of going through with it she quit. If you want to argue that she's justified to quit and there's nothing wrong with that then that's fine, but to pretend she didn't quit is just wrong.

Oh, we do? If I didn't wanna listen to it on the radio this morning, I would have simply changed the station.

Good for you. I'm stuck in a hotel this week with little TV option and it's pretty much unavoidable on there and also unavoidable on social media.

And that's not the point, it's the fact it's pushed on us so aggressively with the bullshit hero Narrative.

Quitting is not heroic.

Because he was asked his opinion on it and he gave it. Nobody has to agree, but I'd rather people give honest answers than generic one like you suggested.

I wasn't talking about him.

Good for you. I'm stuck in a hotel this week with little TV option and it's pretty much unavoidable on there and also unavoidable on social media.

And that's not the point, it's the fact it's pushed on us so aggressively with the bullshit hero Narrative.

Quitting is not heroic.

Awe, poor you. It's so hard to keep scrolling or turn it to something that won't trigger you.

But she did quit, she was scheduled to compete and instead of going through with it she quit. If you want to argue that she's justified to quit and there's nothing wrong with that then that's fine, but to pretend she didn't quit is just wrong.
I agree, I would also add that the fact to glorify or call brave to quitting is also wrong.

Yeah she quit, but that's not the point. Athletes are not machines and I wish more people realised that. Bisping called her a quitter as in mentally weak, which is why I call him a moron.

There's a big difference in performing when everything is going well and you are miles ahead of the competition. She faced slight adversity and quit due to "anxiety".

Unfortunately for Bisping, she is female and an ethnic minority. Both of which are protected species these days and cannot be criticized.
Why would anyone criticize someone for not wanting to compete in the pointless competition that is the Olympics if they don't want to? Are you a hardcore gymnastics fans or something?

Awe, poor you. It's so hard to keep scrolling or turn it to something that won't trigger you.

You seemed triggered by my opinion.

And why should I scroll past it? If I disagree with something strongly, I'll voice my opinion. It's not really up to you.

Literally just heard about this on the radio. Seems like everyone is talking about it. What's with this knee jerk reaction to have a strong opinion about everything these days?

Why can't people just say, "I don't understand her decision but I respect that it's her decision."

It's her decision and it really doesn't affect the rest of us.

The massive amount of public support and praise for being a soft quitter certainly affects all of us playboy.

So many white knights coming out.. He had an opinion..So many are triggered.
And just as many are rushing to back him up and agree and trash Biles. It goes both way.

For me it's just an interesting bit of news that she pulled out of the Olympics and I'm going to move on with my day.

Wow, some people really think a gold medalist and multiple time champion at the highest level of her sport has a weak mind ? I think those same guys would not handle this type of mental pressure for 5 min before sh*tting themselves.

Some people really can’t grasp that you can be physically dominant and mentally soft.

It’s almost like the NBA doesn’t exist.

You asked an open question on a public forum

But I'm not accusing you of being triggered by my comment. I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of you trying to accuse me of being triggered.

It's a weak argument with nothing substantial behind it.

But I'm not accusing you of being triggered by my comment. I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of you trying to accuse me of being triggered.

It's a weak argument with nothing substantial behind it.

You were triggered in the same way I was triggered by what I saw in the media. That was a weak argument and I was pointing out the hypocrisy of it.

Only if you're mentally weak.

You got people that never gave a shit about gymnastics that feel some type of way about this now, lol.

Youre the one focused on the gymnastics. It’s about the mentality. We could have the same discussion about Osaka but then we’d be “feeling some type of way about women’s tennis”.

We could have the convo about all the male athletes in real sports who have done it and been praised for it by the general public……

…when you find one.

I think he's right. Quitting when things don't go your way is weak. Losing is supposed to be an uncomfortable experience but it humbles you.

Back