Bisping: "Pearson was robbed at gun point tonight". Cruz: "I agree"

Its unbelievable how Diego manages to say he won with a straight face after every robbery.

Is there anything Pearson can do in this situation? Can this decision be looked at and reversed? This is completely fucked up and it'd really suck if Pearson had to eat shit on this deal and take a loss when he clearly won.

as visible as a home-cooked decision can be

in 2014 have seen 3 really bad decisions. 2 of the 3 fighters were hometown fighting that night what a surprise!

Pickett vs Seery 30 - 27 UD ?
Sanchez vs Pearson, im a big diego fan and at best he lost 2 - 1 for me.
Lawler vs Hendricks - Possibly the closest fight ever though..

From the postfight show. I found it amusing how these "company men"were being so candid. Especially given their tongue-in-cheek breakdown of how Ross lost. Gil saying he won because he fought in Albuquerque and threw wildly to sell it to the judges and crowd.

Don't be fooled, the UFC definitely wanted Pearson to win that one - they're trying to capture a demographic. They're free to tell the truth, so long as it goes in line with what the UFC wants. Now if it had been a robbery THE OTHER DIRECTION, they wouldn't be talking like that...

And what does Bisping think about his decision vs Matt Hammil?

There is so much money in fight sports.

Things like this can be swept under the carpet for "hometown advantage, it happens", and "incompetence".

This is the perfect opportunity for someone to make bank under the guise of the above. If I had to go either way, I'd bet that these guys are criminals and need to be investigated.

Whoever the scumbags are behind this, robbed innocent gamblers and the actual winner of the fight. Total fucking corruption. I really wish NMAC would take it in the ass for this and come down hard on these two judges, especially Jeff, but sadly jack shit will be done about it.

Unreal. That's the worst decision i've ever seen in the UFC... I've watched it 3 times now and it's 30-27 Pearson every time. Jeez......

It was bad enough that incompetence can only partially explain it. I am curious whether the two judges who scored it for Sanchez had family members betting heavily on Sanchez.

I believe the same. That's as far as I'm going with it tho.

Which one of them scored it 30 - 27 Sanchez LOL. funny how as soon as I heard it was a split when they announced the second judges score to add suspense.. I knew Sanchez won by split.... long behold he finishes with 29 28 sanchez.

I feel the fight was closer than all of you are making out and you all clearly hate Diego.
Pearson was fighting on the defensive the whole fight, he was running away from Sanchez and Diego was the aggressor.

Apart from 1 punch Pearson did very little for me. 29 - 28 split Pearson, nothing wrong with that as an outcome. I think your all going a bit overboard.

30 - 27 sanchez just like 30 - 27 pickett, these judges are taking bribes 100%. You cant blame them we would all do it given the chance. How the fuck are they in a position to do this??? UFC?

Its unbelievable how Diego manages to say he won with a straight face after every robbery.

Practice makes perfect.

Is there anything Pearson can do in this situation? Can this decision be looked at and reversed? This is completely fucked up and it'd really suck if Pearson had to eat shit on this deal and take a loss when he clearly won.

He's made an official complaint but it's more of a symbolic gesture as he's got no chance of overturning the decision.

And what does Bisping think about his decision vs Matt Hammil?

Maybe if you actually followed MMA you'd know he said after losing a controversial decision to Rashad "I got a lucky decision against Hammill I guess it's my time to be on the other end this time"

I was so sure Pearson won that I changed channles after the third round ended and didn't even see the decision. Imagine my confusion when I changed back and they were interviewing Diego about his win.

Cause Dana has never said anything bad about the judging system of MMA, right?

Dana is Dana. He probably also is aware of the fact that rubber stamping everything when it is blatantly wrong also seems to delegitimize the sport.

I think the complete opposite. if u don't make a big deal about it, it looks like u don't care about your product. trying to push the bs on the general public isn't going to work

I think both are relevant risks.

This "decision" ruined my goddamn parley. I was so pissed off I almost turned the TV off before Khabilov/Henderson.

A 9-9 round can only happen when a fighter wins the round but gets a point taken away.

You shouldn't have told him, I was looking forward to hearing him explain what would make him score a round 9-9, as opposed to a 10-10... both fighters lose the round? lol

I thought Kenny ' s commentary was lopsided toward pearson; not the worst decision I've seen, but I'm a big proponent of 10-10 and 9-9 rounds though

No, Kenny used to be bad in his commentary but he's gotten much better the commentary was lopsided because the fight was lopsided Sanchez lost every round, I think there should be more 10-10 rounds but only when a round really was a draw. You can only get a 9-9 round when the fighter winning a round gets a point taken away.

Practice makes perfect.

He's made an official complaint but it's more of a symbolic gesture as he's got no chance of overturning the decision.

Maybe if you actually followed MMA you'd know he said after losing a controversial decision to Rashad "I got a lucky decision against Hammill I guess it's my time to be on the other end this time"

I don't remember him saying that, I guess he watched the fight later, he was being a dick in his interview after that fight. If he did say it though it makes him more likeable.

Back