Bisping: "Pearson was robbed at gun point tonight". Cruz: "I agree"

Well, hopefully Pearson gets to move forward up the ladder as if he got the win he deserved. It's the only way to make right of these things. Not like Machida who got robbed against Davis and then lost everything he earned as the top ranked contender at LHW.

I know who he's referring to.

However, he's quoting them as "company men" as if it's ironic that they're talking bad about judging.

Judges =/= UFC so they can say whatever they want about them and still be good company men.

You want to pretend that everything is ok in your sport, if you can get away with tit. If you make a huge deal about judging, it could make it look illegitimate.

Whats wrong with actually disagreeing with sherdog guys? I for one think Diego won. He had more intensity about him and wouldnt stop pressing forward. Not to mention his striking was more on point. Someone please correct me but what did Pearson do in that fight really?

You want to pretend that everything is ok in your sport, if you can get away with tit. If you make a huge deal about judging, it could make it look illegitimate.

Cause Dana has never said anything bad about the judging system of MMA, right?

Whats wrong with actually disagreeing with sherdog guys? I for one think Diego won. He had more intensity about him and wouldnt stop pressing forward. Not to mention his striking was more on point. Someone please correct me but what did Pearson do in that fight really?

Are you f**kin blind or you're just that dumb ?

I think the complete opposite. if u don't make a big deal about it, it looks like u don't care about your product. trying to push the bs on the general public isn't going to work

Do you really need refs appointed by who knows who? If there is a controversy such as this each ref must explain how they gave the round to one fighter over the other if not meeting the criteria there score is eliminated and doesn't count. UFC is a business, I'm not surprised they don't have their own refs or a more accurate system of scoring matches. In a sport where gambling is allowed no fighter is safe.

The UFC doesn't control who the judges are. They have to deal with the athletic commissions in the states. By law, they have to do it this way.

I often wonder how much experience many of these judges have in MMA? Either as fan or previous competitor. Probably doesn't help that the scoring criteria is pretty vague as well.

It was bad enough that incompetence can only partially explain it. I am curious whether the two judges who scored it for Sanchez had family members betting heavily on Sanchez.

Look at your post count______ your life has been robbed of quality this year

His loss shouldn't bother him as everyone who watched [and will watch] the fight [and its subsequent replays] knew [and will know] Ross won. A loss but certainly not a defeat.

aaaa.jpg

Meltzer also had it 27-30 Pearson.

His loss shouldn't bother him as everyone who watched [and will watch] the fight [and its subsequent replays] knew [and will know] Ross won. A loss but certainly not a defeat.

Yeah, as long as Dana and Joe Silva think he won, it is almost as good as a win in the UFC, as he will continue to be given high profile fights. It hurts the image of UFC and MMA much more than it hurts Pearson, particularly in England.

I really wish there was some way that the UFC could hire its own judges (and refs), it is a shame that fighters have to deal with this type of thing, with all that they are risking and sacrificing. They at least deserve reliability in judging and officiating, at least.

ross said in the interview that half his paycheck was taken away by the judges. win bonus is 50% of his pay. really blows

I feel sorry for ross. A hard full training camp, go into enemy territory and completely shuts out his opponent and walks away with a loss because of a terrible judging decision.

Decisions should be able to be appealed and turned over if is clearly wrong, which it was with Pearson vs Sanchez.

Those judges can eat a bag of dicks.

I really wish there was some way that the UFC could hire its own judges (and refs), it is a shame that fighters have to deal with this type of thing, with all that they are risking and sacrificing. They at least deserve reliability in judging and officiating, at least.

High time retired fighters take the judging desk!!! ! ! ! ! ! !

It's 2014. The sport isn't in its infancy anymore. This is absolutely fucking ridiculous. Worst decision I've ever witnessed. There may have been worse, but I've never seen them. Disgusting.

Yea, but id say this is even worse than that!

Not really as Diego still sorta looked like Diego. He looked like he was beaten with a bag of bricks after Kampmann.

I disagree. Judges are the first paid off when a fix is in.

Back