"BISPING I WANNA GET MA HANDS ON YA" - Hector Lombard

Still, when Lombard fought Boestch his corner and (it appeared) himself were far too worried about him gassing despite him loading up on shots and not doing much else. Lombard isn't a tall, rangy guy, and he wings a lot of shots hoping to connect. If he does, of course he has the ability to KTFO Bisping, but if he doesn't early, he could start to slow down and eat jabs all around the cage as he chases Bisping around. It's entirely plausible.

Look at basically every punch that has dropped Bisping. It's basically been a wild winging punch.

Pretty wild winging punch throw from his back pocket and starts off with hendo hardly even looking at Bisping.

dan-henderson-knocking-out-michael-bisping.gif

Wild looping overhand right thrown from New Zealand.

jubpsn.gif

Another looper from down under that puts Bisping on wobbly legs

156e72o.jpg

So winging punches are the exact type that Bisping is susceptible too.

No doubt Bisping has a chance, everyone in MMA has a chance so that point is moot. We talkin' favorites here yo.

HAHA? Storm ktfo of Falaniko he was eating his shots like his little sister was trying to fight him

Still doesn't take away the fact that he was down 2 rounds, and that it wasn't looking good until Niko tried to trade with him. And what are we talking about here? No one is saying Bisping is going to KO him but if Niko can exploit Hector's game, I give Mike a better shot at lasting the 15min and pulling the W.

And no Hector's cardio isn't that great he slowed down significantly in the second against Shlemenko.

Still, when Lombard fought Boestch his corner and (it appeared) himself were far too worried about him gassing despite him loading up on shots and not doing much else. Lombard isn't a tall, rangy guy, and he wings a lot of shots hoping to connect. If he does, of course he has the ability to KTFO Bisping, but if he doesn't early, he could start to slow down and eat jabs all around the cage as he chases Bisping around. It's entirely plausible.

i think the concern he was having with respect to gassing was due to that problem he had with his sternum that they didn't know about. he later said he thought was having heart problems and he was thinking about retiring. it was an isolated incident, as far as i know.

It wasn't as cumbersome as you make it out to be. Stann landed some tough shots, but Bisping took them and controlled the fight down the stretch without much resistance.

it's not like i'm dana, claiming that stann won, but let's not act as if though bisping dominated the fight everywhere it took place. stann definitely got the better of him on the feet, bisping just managed to control it was his grappling. i'd say that fight was a lot closer than sonnen/bisping though, and some shertards claim that was a robbery :redface:

it actually is.

So wins over Rousimar Palhares, Jesse Taylor, Alexander Shlemenko, Brian Ebersole and James Te-Huna and a draw with Kyle Noke compare favorably to Dan Miller, Brian Stann, Yoshihiro Akiyama, Jason Miller, Matt Hamill and Chris Leben to you?

So wins over Rousimar Palhares, Jesse Taylor, Alexander Shlemenko, Brian Ebersole and James Te-Huna and a draw with Kyle Noke compare favorably to Dan Miller, Brian Stann, Yoshihiro Akiyama, Jason Miller, Matt Hamill and Chris Leben to you?

Looks about equal to me tbh.

The amount of wins he has are, but not over whom he has them.

they're actually quite comparable. and it's funny because bisping aficionados (or silva nut huggers, sometimes i can't tell the difference) like to make the claim that bisping is more deserving of a title shot than weidman because his quantity surpasses chris's quality. i wonder why we can't apply the same logic here with respect to lombard and bisping. a case can also be made for lombard's resume being better due to the way he won the fights, as opposed to bisping, where he's never really shown dominance over his opponents for the most part.

Terrible match up for Bisping. Hector has the TDD to take away bispings grappling and the pressure & power to put Bisping away.

Bisping is terrible at dealing with pressure, and Lombard is good at dealing it. Lombard smashes him pretty easily.

Excatly this. Bisping did we against Stann but only after being able to to get him down. I don't think he would have that "out" in this fight

I can see Hector filling in for Vitor or Bisping in case of injury.

If the fight between Vitor and Bisping happens and that Bisping wins, he gets a shittle tot then hector should fight Munoz in March or April.

Bisping is a smart striker, he wouldn't "bang" with Lombard. He'll pull a Condit and run away all night with pit pat hits

they're actually quite comparable. and it's funny because bisping aficionados (or silva nut huggers, sometimes i can't tell the difference) like to make the claim that bisping is more deserving of a title shot than weidman because his quantity surpasses chris's quality. i wonder why we can't apply the same logic here with respect to lombard and bisping. a case can also be made for lombard's resume being better due to the way he won the fights, as opposed to bisping, where he's never really shown dominance over his opponents for the most part.

Quality over quantity every single time without fail.

yeah, actually. also, most of lombard's wins were finishes, whereas a lot of bisping's wins from that list were decisions.

I think Bisping wins easily by decision, after putting on a 25min striking clinic.

Quality over quantity every single time without fail.

i'm not opposed to that mindset, but it'd be nice to hear bisping fans make the same concession when discussing the merits of a title shot with respect to the count and the all american.

yeah, actually. also, most of lombard's wins were finishes, whereas a lot of bisping's wins from that list were decisions.

Ebersole and Te Huna were injuries, Shlemenko was a decision and James Toney could sub Jessie Taylor. You have to be out of your mind.

He KO'ed Palhares, that's where his list of impressive victories against decent opponents end.

Back