Bisping: I look at it as a business

Love him or hate him, people like Bisping are good for the sport.

one of the first times where i agree with bisping.

i can't believe it, but he is annoying me less and less

If Jon Jones said this he'd be getting a shit storm. So much Caulk!!!!

bisping is a great talker--he can definitely sell a fight. he's up there with chael, and perhaps more effective in the sense that he doesn't waste time with incredible comments and nonsensical hyperbole.

This is why Bisping makes the big bucks, and he is great for MMA's development at this stage in the sport.

However he's not as much of a polarizing figure as he was 3-4 years ago.

Who the hell would not look at it as a business?

/sigh

Me, too. I hope he does something really rude or disrespectful so I don't have to like him again.

He is spot on with everything he has said as of late. Smart guy, hope to see him doing well once he gets back home to his medical team - after the violent KO this weekend.

Who the hell would not look at it as a business?

there are plenty of people who just can't play the game and sell a fight. cro cop used to skip pressers after fights. diaz hates all the pr shit and then complains he has shit for sponsorship. bj seems to think there is something pure about the fight and sometimes refuses to play the promotion game (the business).

i'm sure there are other examples.

Any fighter would be an idiot to not look at it like Bisping does. It is a business and that's what you gotta do to make money.

Diaz cries about money then looks at the promoting as an annoyance. Stupid

This is true.

A better title for the thread would have been "Nobody’s promoted this sport and the middleweight division more than me"

Any fighter would be an idiot to not look at it like Bisping does. It is a business and that's what you gotta do to make money.

Diaz cries about money then looks at the promoting as an annoyance. Stupid

Interestingly enough I'm pretty sure Diaz lone PPV he headlined as the main vs BJ Penn has done more PPV buys than any PPV Bisping has headlined(which I think the number is 0), not to mention he is getting a shot at the champ coming off a loss. If you ask me Nick Diaz is a genius.

Dont worry he will annoy again at some point. I say the samething frequently and then he says something ridiculous and im like oh theres the bisping we all love so much. But he is right in what he said fighters should promote the shit out of the fights and get us interested.

Back