Bisping has fought the who's who at mw.....

This "Bisping never beat anyone" myth is reaching Rosholt-levels of boring.

He's beaten:

Sexyama
Belcher
Leites
Dollaway
Le
Stann
Mayhem Miller

And, while none of them were Top 5-ers IIRC, most of them were Top 10 when he fought them. So what if Bisping hasn't beaten a current Top 5 fighter? Many fighters haven't - doesn't make them can-crushers.

8BB.gif

He also might be the most overpaid fighter in history so he has that to be grateful for.

He's beaten:

Sexyama
Belcher
Leites
Dollaway
Le
Stann
Mayhem Miller

And, while none of them were Top 5-ers IIRC, most of them were Top 10 when he fought them. So what if Bisping hasn't beaten a current Top 5 fighter? Many fighters haven't - doesn't make them can-crushers.
Only 2 of those fighters were top ten when Mike beat them and both of those fighters were ranked #10 at the time. He has no other top ten wins. On merit he should have never been ranked above #9 and been cut long ago. His nationality alone kept him his job and got his ranking

According to one of his former main training partners he did.

Idk enough to say but a lot of what I have heard was bout that referring to recreational drugs. Bisping was a DJ at one time and was a notoriously hard partier lol. If I'm not mistaken he still drank and smoked when he first made it into the UFC lol. Kinda reminded me of "the leg", from the replacements.

He's beaten:

Sexyama
Belcher
Leites
Dollaway
Le
Stann
Mayhem Miller

I checked Sherdog's rankings at the time that Bisping fought the guys you mentioned, and only one of them was ranked in the top 10 - Brian Stann, who was ranked at #10. Leites had previously been ranked #10, but dropped out of the top 10 right before he fought Bisping. Point being, even if we're being generous, Bisping has 2 wins over the #10 ranked MW. While those are solid wins, his resume certainly doesn't justify his being ranked in the top 10 for the better part of 6 years.

I'm not a Bisping hater, but facts are facts. He's a good fighter, but his perennial top 10 ranking is a byproduct of the UFC hype machine.

I checked Sherdog's rankings at the time that Bisping fought the guys you mentioned, and only one of them was ranked in the top 10 - Brian Stann, who was ranked at #10. Leites had previously been ranked #10, but dropped out of the top 10 right before he fought Bisping. Point being, even if we're being generous, Bisping has 2 wins over the #10 ranked MW. While those are solid wins, his resume certainly doesn't justify his being ranked in the top 10 for the better part of 6 years.

I'm not a Bisping hater, but facts are facts. He's a good fighter, but his perennial top 10 ranking is a byproduct of the UFC hype machine.
hype machine indeed!

Considering how long he's been around and been featured prominently on cards, we've actually missed out on seeing him fight quite a few guys that are/were long-time MW mainstays:

Okami
Marquardt
Maia
Munoz
Lombard(wasn't a UFC MW for long)
Jacare(did spend a long time in SF)
Weidman
etc.

And over the last few years guys like Romero, Machida and Mousasi have been added to the mix.

He's only fought four guys that were considered truly elite MWs at the time:

Hendo(got destroyed)
Sonnen(did surprisingly well)
Vitor(got destroyed)
Rockhold(got destroyed)

Everyone else has been a journeyman-type, except for Wanderlei, who only took a fight or two at MW and was already past his best years.

Pretty sure Belcher was ranked #10 also, but I agree with you

Considering how long he's been around and been featured prominently on cards, we've actually missed out on seeing him fight quite a few guys that are/were long-time MW mainstays:

Okami
Marquardt
Maia
Munoz
Lombard(wasn't a UFC MW for long)
Jacare(did spend a long time in SF)
Weidman
etc.

And over the last few years guys like Romero, Machida and Mousasi have been added to the mix.

He's only fought four guys that were considered truly elite MWs at the time:

Hendo(got destroyed)
Sonnen(did surprisingly well)
Vitor(got destroyed)
Rockhold(got destroyed)

Everyone else has been a journeyman-type, except for Wanderlei, who only took a fight or two at MW and was already past his best years.
Bisbing has only beaten one fighter currently on the roster. It is unprecedented for him not to be cut for such a pathetic record after being in the UFC so long. The reason he never fought all those guys is because he was the most protected fighter ever. The UFC desperately wanted to give him a title shot so much so that he's getting his 5th completely undeserved title eliminator fight.

Bisbing has only beaten one fighter currently on the roster. It is unprecedented for him not to be cut for such a pathetic record after being in the UFC so long. The reason he never fought all those guys is because he was the most protected fighter ever. The UFC desperately wanted to give him a title shot so much so that he's getting his 5th completely undeserved title eliminator fight.

I still dont get this. Bisping has fought Henderson Belfort Rashad Rockhold Sonnen Belcher Wand hes about fight Anderson. He may not have had the hardest tenure in the UFC but hes fought his share of killers.

I still dont get this. Bisping has fought Henderson Belfort Rashad Rockhold Sonnen Belcher Wand hes about fight Anderson. He may not have had the hardest tenure in the UFC but hes fought his share of killers.
He was protected because he never earned a fight with any of those guys. He was in four title eliminator fights without ever beating a top ten opponent. If he was not being protected he would have lost 5 in a row a couple times by now, but in stead every time he lost he was gifted two or three fighters ranked 15-25 and then given another title eliminator. They would give him a bunch of low level fights and then jump him into an unearned title eliminator hoping he could win, but he lost four of them and is now in his 5th. Everyone else has to beat about 2 top tens and a top 5 to get a title eliminator.

Take out his PED user losses and he actually has a really, really good record. Shame the pedders kept him away from the title during his career. I feel it's a little late for him now.

Take out his PED user losses and he actually has a really, really good record. Shame the pedders kept him away from the title during his career. I feel it's a little late for him now.
Take away the guys he fought on PEDs and he still has a pathetic record with basically no decent wins. WTF are you talking about?

Back