Bisping calls Belfort a hooligan

That's complete rubbish btw. They earn sweet fuck all from the UK.

As far as Bisping goes, out of his last 10 fights I think two of them were in the UK. So he's not even contributing to a UK gate.

No, it's not rubbish, you just don't understand what I meant. What the UFC takes in at the gate pales in comparison to PPV buys. What they needed Bisping for was to drum up interest in MMA, particularly the UFC, in the UK. So they needed a hometown hero. They picked Bisping to fit this role. It's much harder to break into a market without a local.

They are looking to developing a long term foothold, where they get large swaths of Britons to buy PPVs. Obviously, the UFC will never hold the majority of their events within the UK, but that doesn't matter. What matters is that they get a lot of loyal fans in the UK who will buy all the PPVs, whether they are in the US, Brazil, Canada, Japan, or anywhere else.

So once again, focusing on just gate sales is a ridiculously narrow view of it.

The bloke has had 4 losses in his career: Sonnen (very stiff to not get the D), Rashad, Hendo and Wand, all top shelf fighters, hes definitely up there. Whether he's elite, well, we'll find out in his next two fights.

Perhaps you could list the top shelf fighters he's beaten?

Bisping is ready to kick off at the weigh-ins can't wait!

No, it's not rubbish, you just don't understand what I meant. What the UFC takes in at the gate pales in comparison to PPV buys. What they needed Bisping for was to drum up interest in MMA, particularly the UFC, in the UK. So they needed a hometown hero. They picked Bisping to fit this role. It's much harder to break into a market without a local.

They are looking to developing a long term foothold, where they get large swaths of Britons to buy PPVs. Obviously, the UFC will never hold the majority of their events within the UK, but that doesn't matter. What matters is that they get a lot of loyal fans in the UK who will buy all the PPVs, whether they are in the US, Brazil, Canada, Japan, or anywhere else.

We don't have PPV in the UK. The format doesn't work here. Thankfully. :)

I put my Vcash on Vitor. Bisping seems to have gotten a bum rap since UFC100

Bisping said:

Can he control himself? Is 'roid rage gonna kick in? Is the TRT an issue? Are his levels elevated? I think so. Have his testicles shrunk? I think so. Does he have a penis? He is a penis. Just because he is a penis doesn't mean he has a penis.

Come on now. I laughed but Bisping seems like the kind of guy that can dish it out but many times he can't take it. That's why I have a harder time laughing with him than I do other fighters. I want to see him get KOed. But if Vitor doesn't do it early, and he can, I think Bisping will win a UD. I've been leaning towards the Bisping UD and I'll stick with that for now. Then Bisping will get his title shot and will become another highlight for Silva.

O... M... G... A fighter said something about another fighter

This is all fantastic stuff except for the fact the UFC neither holds nor shows PPVs in the UK.

That's why I said he doesn't even contribute to a UK gate, because beyond merch that's the only income they get from the UK. I.e. sweet fuck all.

Back