Bisping as top contender

Hendo is an elite fighter

The Sonnen fight was close

Wandy was unfortunate, he'd win a rematch

Besides the Hendo fight he's never been dominated, he's been in every fight he's fought in and you could make an argument for him winning every fight besides the Hendo fight. To me that constitutes a top contender, somebody who can consistently hang with the top of their respective divisions.

Bisping is a well rounded fighter and a top 3 in his division.

Michael bisping is awesome !!

I think he has as good a chance. The chance for both is very low, but even though Weidman's skillset looks good on paper, i've never seen him against a good striker. That's a huge question mark for a possible Anderson fight.

If Weidman were to beat Bisping or Vitor, i'd say he had the better chance, but as of now, he's too untested to say he has a better chance.

I would love to see your logic argument on WHERE Bisping stands a chance?

Can he take Anderson down and grapplefuck him ala Chael? Can he try and clinch and beat Anderson standing by shutting down one of the strongest parts of his game, his MT. Can he use distance striking to out counter strike and out point arguably the best counter striker in MMA history? Can he try to survive and out cardio Anderson when cardio has never been an issue for Anderson even when Chael pushed him hard for 5 rounds? Can he (t)ko Anderson standing?

No Bisping's skillset is absolutely the worst matchup to beat Anderson. He does not realistically have the punchers chance or the sub chance which might be the only way to beat Anderson. Weidman has demonstrated the power to (t)ko and he has awesome subs. Ya he will be a dog but he has those strengths.

The big question of Anderson/Weidman is 'are his td's sufficient to put Anderson on his back to give him the chance to implement his game'. Lutter did. Hendo did. Sonnen did twice. Yes they all lost. Yes Anderson is that good. But yes they all got their chance. Weidman is arguably the most dangerous guy in that position because he does not have the very exploitable holes the other do. And we will only learn that when he fights Anderson, not any other striker.

Besides the Hendo fight he's never been dominated, he's been in every fight he's fought in and you could make an argument for him winning every fight besides the Hendo fight. To me that constitutes a top contender, somebody who can consistently hang with the top of their respective divisions.

There is no way Bisping won the Wand fight.

It always makes me Laugh when bisping haters say he has been spoon fed/protected? He's fought hendo, wand and Stann who are all killers. Sonnen and evens (both have been avoided by other contenders in their respective divisions)who are both outstanding wrestlers and fighters and have both been around the top of their devisions for years now. And now he is matched with vitor. Look at who wiedman has fought to get to the top of the tree, why don't fans give him shit for being protected???

As for this uk poster boy bollox, do people actually realise that we don't pay ppv in this country. What exactley do the UFC gain from pushing and protecting bisping? Many British fans don't like him (though most do in all honesty), where as everyone loves hardy, Pickett and Pearson, so why don't the UFC push these fighters, surely that would make more sense. It is something that lazy posters/sheep state because that are unable to form their own opinions on a fighter, just copy what other unintelligent poster write. If you can come up with a relevant reason that the UFC is protecting mike then I'm happy to consider it.

The fact is he's fought nearly 20 times for the company(lost only 4), fought some of the greatest mma fighters of all time (I'm including Belfort in this) and still has yet to fight for the title. People who think he is getting special treatment from the UFC are fuckin idiots!

[How am I supposed to take anything you say seriously when you can't even tell the difference between a hater and someone who simply disagrees with you? Spoon fed? It's a misleading term, but he has been given a lot of Top-20 guys, that somehow justify his being top contender.

Bisping loses to Top-10 fighters. He beats Top-20 fighters. He's strung together a lot of Top-20. That's great. It's impressive becuase no matter what level you're at it is hard to stay consistent. He's taking on Vitor now, who is 2-2 since 2009. 2-1 if you count in the weightclass only. I don't see Vitor as bolstering much more than "noteable names" that Bisping has beaten.

I'm not hating. I simply disagree.

See that, right away you assumed something I'm not. Probably because you didn't really read what I wrote, and instead just reacted. How am I supposed to take anything you say seriously when you can't even tell the difference between a hater and someone who simply disagrees with you?

Bisping loses to Top-10 fighters. He beats Top-20 fighters. He's strung together a lot of Top-20. That's great. It's impressive becuase no matter what level you're at it is hard to stay consistent. He's taking on Vitor now, who is 2-2 since 2009. 2-1 if you count in the weightclass only. I don't see Vitor as bolstering much more than "noteable names" that Bisping has beaten.

Lol he quoted the ts not you.

It always makes me Laugh when bisping haters say he has been spoon fed/protected? He's fought hendo, wand and Stann who are all killers. Sonnen and evens (both have been avoided by other contenders in their respective divisions)who are both outstanding wrestlers and fighters and have both been around the top of their devisions for years now. And now he is matched with vitor. Look at who wiedman has fought to get to the top of the tree, why don't fans give him shit for being protected???

As for this uk poster boy bollox, do people actually realise that we don't pay ppv in this country. What exactley do the UFC gain from pushing and protecting bisping? Many British fans don't like him (though most do in all honesty), where as everyone loves hardy, Pickett and Pearson, so why don't the UFC push these fighters, surely that would make more sense. It is something that lazy posters/sheep state because that are unable to form their own opinions on a fighter, just copy what other unintelligent poster write. If you can come up with a relevant reason that the UFC is protecting mike then I'm happy to consider it.

The fact is he's fought nearly 20 times for the company(lost only 4), fought some of the greatest mma fighters of all time (I'm including Belfort in this) and still has yet to fight for the title. People who think he is getting special treatment from the UFC are fuckin idiots!

What always make ME laugh around here is guys like you throwing a hissy fit to defend or state your opinion.

The fact YOU don't think Bisping faced weak competition, and isn't champion material doesn't change the fact that he is another gatekeeper who will not be champion nor be one of the great middleweights.

And people who understand what I said as "special treatment" rather than one of the many fighters the UFC invested for selling tickets is a fuckin idiot.

Now take a pill plz, we're here to discuss the topic, throwing a hissy fit behind ur pc is not needed.

[How am I supposed to take anything you say seriously when you can't even tell the difference between a hater and someone who simply disagrees with you? Spoon fed? It's a misleading term, but he has been given a lot of Top-20 guys, that somehow justify his being top contender.

Yeah, I'm too am a hater because I don't think Bisping is a great fighter. The guy sounds like a Bisping's relative or girlfriend.

What always make ME laugh around here is guys like you throwing a hissy fit to defend or state your opinion.

The fact YOU don't think Bisping faced weak competition, and isn't champion material doesn't change the fact that he is another gatekeeper who will not be champion nor be one of the great middleweights.

And people who understand what I said as "special treatment" rather than one of the many fighters the UFC invested for selling tickets is a fuckin idiot.

Now take a pill plz, we're here to discuss the topic, throwing a hissy fit behind ur pc is not needed.

Weak competition? the UFC is full of shit fighters isn't it?? What a mug!

I'm not having a hissy fit or stating that Bisping is a great fighter (though he is clearly a very good fighter). But you used the words Uk poster boy and spoon fed opponents. I invited you to explain how he is the UK poster boy and what benefit that is to the UFC considering the UFC doesn't gain from ppv sales over here and many british fans don't even like him, yet you chose to ignore that. Why, cus you can't put any real reason behind what you are typing, just copying other posters like a sheep.

He's been spoon fed opponents yet he's faced Hendo (MMA legend), chose to fight Sonnen who no one wnated to fight, and gets an eliminator against Vitor who is potentially a horrible match up for Mike. There are far easier fights for him to have to get to the top of the tree. It's easy to point out the likes of Jason Day, and Jason Miller but not mention fighters like the ones above, Stann, Evens and Wand.

If you can give me a decent answer to the 2 questions I asked in my initial post (and referred to in this one) rather than avoid them, then at least I'll give you some respect. I apologise if your not a hater, but i don't apologise for calling you an idiot, cus you clearly are!

so does vitor, loses to the top guys throughout his career. anderson, tito, randy, chuck, alistair, sakuraba, etc...

People tend to discredit Bisping, but when you really look at his record, his only losses are against former champions and chael. Wandy, Rashad, and Chael all beat him by a close decision. Hendo was the only person to ever knock him out. He is a very decent fighter with outstanding cardio. I think if he can make it to round 2, vitor is going to have a lot of trouble. I dont think he will stand and bang with vitor. He knows Vitors kryptonite is his cardio, so he will probably clinch against the cage or shoot for takedowns to gas him.

Weak competition? the UFC is full of shit fighters isn't it?? What a mug!

I'm not having a hissy fit or stating that Bisping is a great fighter (though he is clearly a very good fighter). But you used the words Uk poster boy and spoon fed opponents. I invited you to explain how he is the UK poster boy and what benefit that is to the UFC considering the UFC doesn't gain from ppv sales over here and many british fans don't even like him, yet you chose to ignore that. Why, cus you can't put any real reason behind what you are typing, just copying other posters like a sheep.

He's been spoon fed opponents yet he's faced Hendo (MMA legend), chose to fight Sonnen who no one wnated to fight, and gets an eliminator against Vitor who is potentially a horrible match up for Mike. There are far easier fights for him to have to get to the top of the tree. It's easy to point out the likes of Jason Day, and Jason Miller but not mention fighters like the ones above, Stann, Evens and Wand.

If you can give me a decent answer to the 2 questions I asked in my initial post (and referred to in this one) rather than avoid them, then at least I'll give you some respect. I apologise if your not a hater, but i don't apologise for calling you an idiot, cus you clearly are!

Dude you are throwing a hissy fit again. I don't get personal with little fellas like you calling people names on the internet.

That's why I don't bother answering any of your questions, you can leave things like name calling out of your posts, also I can assure you NOBODY here cares about what makes you laugh so don't bother either.

Like I said before just take a pill and get back here when your not on your period, and I could care less about your respect as most people here doesn't too so please gtfo to another topic.

I could care less about your respect as most people here doesn't too so please gtfo to another topic.

Every time I see someone say "I could care less", I could kick a baby in frustration.

The phrase is "I couldn't care less" i.e. I don't care at all.

Saying "I could care less" means the exact opposite of what you're actually trying to say.

Idiot.

Every time I see someone say "I could care less", I could kick a baby in frustration.

The phrase is "I couldn't care less" i.e. I don't care at all.

Saying "I could care less" means the exact opposite of what you're actually trying to say.

Idiot.

It annoys me too lol.

Bisping is a good fighter, but he doesn't excel in anything that would make him a title contender, or that would threaten the guys at the top. He doesn't have ko power. He doesn't have slick BJJ. He doesn't have great wrestling. His chin is a little suspect. His cardio is really the only elite thing he has. He wins by outlasting and overwhelming his opponents. This strategy can only get you so far. The top guys will likely not succumb to it.

Back