Bisping and Cormier now says Cruz is fighter of the year, not Conor (spoiler, Cruz is fighting!)

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by BR701, Dec 28, 2016.

1. BR701

BR701 Don't give me number one bullshit

Now call me sceptical but this reeks of promotional "hype" bullshit.

I've seen that thread where Bisping says Conor is fighter of the year nearly every damn time I opened the forum. But now all of a sudden he's picking Cruz...on UFC on FOX. And DC suddenly chimes in after initially saying it's Bisping.

Does he really think this?

Or is it the same tired old bullshit that gets peddled out every time a guy is fighting next weekend (Jones is p4p best, Mighty Mouse is u disputed p4p, Bars, no, Pettis, definitely Aldo, "it's got to be Conor, Conor is p4p the best" - Dana, Rogan, random hype men.

Anyone else sick of this shit?

Mr. Danger Waffles likes this.
  2. BostonToughGuy

BostonToughGuy Blue Belt

3. DS7

DS7 04

If Cruz beats Cody he is #2 behind Miocic, but if Cody goes in there and KTFO Cruz, he might actually be the fighter of the year f because he beat the guy that with Jones out, is the best P4P fighter in the world in my opinion.

Egészségére! likes this.
  4. Soul On Ice

Soul On Ice Arguably Never Lost

The year ain't over yet

Cody by RD1 KO and they'll be calling HIM "figher of the year" by the end of the night.

BR701 likes this.
  5. Drake

Drake Guest

They're not wrong. Think about it... After Dom wins on Friday that will be 3 fights(3 wins) in 1 year after 1 fight in 4 years... Incredible.

In this year he'll have completed the greatest, most miraculous comeback in all of sports history by defeating the guy everyone thought was the new him along with defending his title against his biggest/oldest rival then sonning his rival's new golden boy. That also means 3 wins over his rival camp... Dom definitely deserves Fighter of the Year.

Cruz bless

[​IMG]

6. Huligani

Huligani Number One Bullshit

Even if he wins, fighter of the year is still Stipe Miocic. It's crazy that a lot of people are picking Conor given...

[​IMG]

7. BR701

BR701 Don't give me number one bullshit

Wait who's fighting Jan 15th, Def p4p no.1 in there somewhere, tune in!

Soul On Ice likes this.
  8. Mr. Danger Waffles

Mr. Danger Waffles Gambling Money Has No Home.

Well this is just awkward.... It sounds like a good time, to all parties involved.
    [​IMG]

9. Pure Dust

Pure Dust Purple Belt

3 decisions including a split. Not nearly as impressive as anyone else on the list.

BR701 likes this.
  10. Egészségére!

Egészségére! Brown Belt

with a perfect 4-0 record for 2016 with 4 KO's including one over Cruz "they" would have a point

DS7 likes this.
  11. HI SCOTT NEWMAN

HI SCOTT NEWMAN Steel Belt Cat ✔

Cruz is the best. But Stipe would still be fighter of the year for me when you put the context of what he did into it. But yeah I hear you TS about the hype haha, its like Rogan.. he has a new "greatest fighter ever" every month it seems haha. In the last 18 months he has called Aldo p4p best fighter ever, Jones p4p best fighter ever, Mighty Mouse p4p best fighter ever and Barao p4p best fighter ever... then as soon as they lose or they dont fight for other reasons (Jones) he just calls the next guy fighting on the card the p4p best fighter ever hahahahhaa make your mind up please!!!.

Mr. Danger Waffles likes this.
  12. Drake

Drake Guest

Alright yeah just ignore everything else I said, lol.

Guess GSP was never a good candidate for Fighter of the Year.

13. BROWNPRIDE

BROWNPRIDE Red Belt

Cruz is the goat and you got sick,wtf?

14. The Moloko man

The Moloko man Brown Belt

them unanimous decisions tho

15. I have Conor.

Daylight

Cruz

Daylight

no one left.

16. mc3

mc3 Blue Belt

Calm down children.

Ducker of the year more like it.

17. Dirge

Dirge Red Belt

I can't agree on Stipe and I am a huge fan. Did anyone doubt he would win his fights? Arlovski and Overeem both have glass chins and Stipe hits like a truck and is tough as hell. I'd be surprised if anyone expected either of them to win. On top of that he wiped out Werdum easily.

I mean the guy beat all 3 guys in the first round and other than weathering a bit of damage from the massive overeem won easy fights against guys he should beat.

Fighter of the year should be about overcoming adversity. Bisping should not be on the list either. His win over an ancient anderson silva who couldn't even look decisive against the 170 pound nick diaz, a guy that has lost 5 in a row is of no significance. Yes his win over Rockhold is a big deal. Hendo, he should not have gotten the win and nearly got ktfo against a 47 year old fighter on his retirement match. So Bisping has one big win and one joke win and what many consider a loss in 2016.

Cruz beats garbrandt he deserves it by virtue of what he has done after such a long layoff. Dillinshaw is easily the second best guy in the division and faber is a perennial top 10 and frankly looked amazing in his fight a couple of weeks ago. Prior to that Cruz had not fought for almost a year and a half and prior to that one fight had not fought in 3 years...

Cruz has the big comeback story and happens to be 22-1 avenging his only loss twice.

18. Lord Ashley Barnes

Lord Ashley Barnes Ultimate Fedorist Platinum Member

[​IMG]

DC & Bisping can shut their mouths. Cruz can do anything he want but will never top 3 KO victories inside the first round over three legends. At least in 2016 anyway.