Bisping Accused of Undermining Danis' Effort to Build Confidence in Bullied Teen

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Dillon Danis did not appreciate Michael Bisping’s criticism of him offering to help a bullied youth learn jiujitsu. Danis recently made headlines when he offered to cover jiujitsu lessons for a bullied teenager. The Bellator star posted his DMs with the youth on Twitter and later posted a picture of him wearing a gi.

While Danis understands some of the criticism in that he made his gesture public, he ultimately feels it would be better in the long-run by letting the world know. But as for helping the kid learn jiujitsu, he wasn’t a fan of one bit of criticism.

Danis claims Bisping mocked the fact that he offered to help him train jiujitsu rather than another martial art. But for the SBG fighter, martial arts is more than just defending oneself:

“I don’t know if you listened to Michael Bisping’s podcast, but he kept on making fun of me saying that the kid needs jiujitsu, that jiujitsu wouldn’t help him in a fight,” Danis said on Ariel Helwani’s MMA Show on Monday. “Michael Bisping’s a world champion, a martial artist his whole life. He should understand that martial arts isn’t all about defending yourself. It’s about building confidence, discipline. It has so much more than using it in a street fight.

“I thought someone like him would understand that. It was actually pretty embarrassing to see him talk about martial arts like that. … I felt like that rubbed me the wrong way especially coming from someone like him [where] martial arts made him a world champion and done so much great for his life. Martial arts isn’t just about fighting. It’s about discipline, confidence, respect. It builds you into someone that nothing else can.”

https://www.lowkickmma.com/dillon-danis-calls-michael-bispings-criticism-of-free-jiujitsu-lessons-embarassing/

You know what they say, though... "In the land of the blind, the cockeyed man is king." (Paraphrased)

Danis is right

But at the same time, he doesn't scream discipline and respect to me lol

lol, danis is a moron, or is acting like one. if you listened to the podcast, you could tell that bisping was all about helping the person who was being beaten up with martial arts, just not bjj. which while it is better than nothing, is not the ideal art to use. boxing or muai thai is a lot more beneficial. i think that's what bisping was trying to say.

When you're in a small room with about 8 people knocking the shit out of you the last thing you want is to take it to the floor, you just want to get out of there, or hit them as hard as you can, and that's pretty much all he said, taking it to the ground is a terrible idea.

Ppl have to excuse Bisping here, he clearly wasn't able to see the whole picture.
<JonesDXSuckIt>

Dillon Danis did not appreciate Michael Bisping’s criticism of him offering to help a bullied youth learn jiujitsu. Danis recently made headlines when he offered to cover jiujitsu lessons for a bullied teenager. The Bellator star posted his DMs with the youth on Twitter and later posted a picture of him wearing a gi.

While Danis understands some of the criticism in that he made his gesture public, he ultimately feels it would be better in the long-run by letting the world know. But as for helping the kid learn jiujitsu, he wasn’t a fan of one bit of criticism.

Danis claims Bisping mocked the fact that he offered to help him train jiujitsu rather than another martial art. But for the SBG fighter, martial arts is more than just defending oneself:

“I don’t know if you listened to Michael Bisping’s podcast, but he kept on making fun of me saying that the kid needs jiujitsu, that jiujitsu wouldn’t help him in a fight,” Danis said on Ariel Helwani’s MMA Show on Monday. “Michael Bisping’s a world champion, a martial artist his whole life. He should understand that martial arts isn’t all about defending yourself. It’s about building confidence, discipline. It has so much more than using it in a street fight.

“I thought someone like him would understand that. It was actually pretty embarrassing to see him talk about martial arts like that. … I felt like that rubbed me the wrong way especially coming from someone like him [where] martial arts made him a world champion and done so much great for his life. Martial arts isn’t just about fighting. It’s about discipline, confidence, respect. It builds you into someone that nothing else can.”

https://www.lowkickmma.com/dillon-danis-calls-michael-bispings-criticism-of-free-jiujitsu-lessons-embarassing/

ummmm, didn't bisping lose his title due to bjj...lost to both gsp and rockhold by tapout...haha I think that wrestling/bjj is the best base to start with....then throw in some boxing, followed by some muay thai....can't go wrong....I think bisping is absolutely wrong on this...

Danis is right

But at the same time, he doesn't scream discipline and respect to me lol

That's for show...to build his brand...you really can't go by that...him trying to help a teenager...is very admirable...how someone could mock that, is pathetic...

ummmm, didn't bisping lose his title due to bjj...lost to both gsp and rockhold by tapout...haha I think that wrestling/bjj is the best base to start with....then throw in some boxing, followed by some muay thai....can't go wrong....I think bisping is absolutely wrong on this...
You're an idiot if you're going to go to the floor against 8 people.

That's for show...to build his brand...you really can't go by that...him trying to help a teenager...is very admirable...how someone could mock that, is pathetic...
And he didn't mock it, if you didn't see the podcast what are you talking about?

lol, danis is a moron, or is acting like one. if you listened to the podcast, you could tell that bisping was all about helping the person who was being beaten up with martial arts, just not bjj. which while it is better than nothing, is not the ideal art to use. boxing or muai thai is a lot more beneficial. i think that's what bisping was trying to say.

that's total bullshit....i have seen so many fights in my life...and 8 out of 10 times, the fight always ends up on the ground...one way or another, it ends up there....guys may start punching, but within seconds, they're rolling around the ground...so bisping is dead wrong...

Dillon Danis is just taking a page out of his hero Conor McGregors book, doing some charity to try and better his public image when needed

When you're in a small room with about 8 people knocking the shit out of you the last thing you want is to take it to the floor, you just want to get out of there, or hit them as hard as you can, and that's pretty much all he said, taking it to the ground is a terrible idea.

It does depend on the situation, I guess...id say perfect scenario, would be to combine boxing and wrestling/bjj....

When you're in a small room with about 8 people knocking the shit out of you the last thing you want is to take it to the floor, you just want to get out of there.

There is absolutely nothing in BJJ and especially Gracie JJ (to the extent people believe modern BJJ deviates from the original vision) that endorses flopping to your back in the middle of an eight person fight.

I hate Danis’ instagram persona, I hate that he is the type of guy who would adopt such a persona, and so I hate that I find myself agreeing with every word in that quote.

You're an idiot if you're going to go to the floor against 8 people.

when is some teenager going to be bullied by 8 people? haha....yes, if that was the case...your best bet is to sucker punch a few guys, then the take the f'''k off...haha

Bisping's thought process is right about all this. Main problem I see is how Danis made this "act of kindness" public. He should've let that kid share the generosity instead of Danis patting himself on the back.

It does depend on the situation, I guess...id say perfect scenario, would be to combine boxing and wrestling/bjj....

There is absolutely nothing in BJJ and especially Gracie JJ (to the extent people believe modern BJJ deviates from the original vision) that endorses flopping to your back in the middle of an eight person fight.

Have you seen the video in question? Go to mma fighting, it's on there, give it a watch and tell me whether you'd user bjj, boxing or fucking run.

Back