News Bisping’s $200 parlay to pay $50K

Not sure if I trust Joey B. to go to decision, he's pretty shot. And Santos is a wild man, he has 2 decisions in his last 14 fights/5 years (and one of those was vs Jones on 1 leg). I feel he goes out there with a kill or die mentality. I still have Rakic to win, but decision I think is really unlikely. When you stack those two with even more picks on top, I'm not surprised that you get some astronomical odds.

Edit: Lol what, Nunes round 3 also? It's just as likely she wins in rd 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 and even decision. And then all the other shit on top. Might as well throw $200 in the garbage. That's just silly as hell lol.
Thought it was a good bet until the round nunes finishes -.-

Too many variables. I gave up on the parlays after a couple of attempts

I mean I can’t tell you that. It’s usually just a straight bet on the winner, though. Sometimes you can go for props if you have high conviction in a specific outcome.

I don’t bet much on sports anymore, but when I did and do from time to time, the odds and the match up almost have to jump out off the page for me.

For example the biggest single bet I ever made by far was DC v Rumble 2. I caught DC at even odds. Could not believe the hype rumble was getting after the first fight, no chance I should’ve been able to double my money on DC that night but those were the odds. So I loaded the bet and doubled my money lol. Still was shitting myself tho especially when DC got grazed and went down.
i put 40 bucks on gaethje vs vick. 10 dollars each round (except for round one) for gaethje to ko him, starting round 2 because i figured vicks length would give him a round of evasion.
The minimum pay out was in the thousands because gaethje wasnt well known. Gaethje starches him in like 15 seconds. I was pissed.

The odds aren't stacked against the bettor in the same way I'm saying they are for the lottery and roulette. With sports betting, you can legitimately have knowledge on the outcome to gain an edge over other bettors, just by knowing lots about the sport. You can't do that in roulette or lottery (excluding cheating possibilities). That's the point of that comparison.

Like I said, single bets and parlays are the same in terms of EV. Take this example. You're offered +100 odds on winning a coinflip. You'd be offered +300 odds on winning two consecutive coinflips. You'd double your money on the first bet 50% of the time, breaking even over time. You'd quadruple your money on the second bet 25% of the time, breaking even over time. With the first bet, winnings are less but more consistent. With the second bet, winnings are more but less consistent. This is called variance.

That last sentence of yours is total nonsense. For the pro bettor to break even over the long term, the amount they need to be right would obviously depend on what odds they're getting for their bets. If they're getting on average +200 then they need to be right 33% of the time; if they're getting on average +100 then they need to be right 50% the time; if they're getting on average -200 then they need to be right 67% of the time; if they're getting on average -300 they need to be right 75% of the time, etc etc.
Ok

The best and only parlay I ever succeeded with was at UFC 200.
Make £300 picking Gastelum, Aldo, Lesnar and Pena. IIRC all of them but Aldo were the underdog

Why Nunes rd 3? She can just take her down in 10 second and pound her out.

Lol hoping the first PPV fight ruins it.

Only parlays I hit are 3-5 favorites or locks. Never bet on a specific outcome personally, just whoever wins.
Just take the money and run. Long shot parlays are just fun ways to burn cash. Keep it to three and watch the winning percentage climb.
That said I have a five peice out now.

parlays are great but once you start choosing rounds and doing specific bets for a bunch of fights you might as well throw your money in the trash.

Yah I plan on cashing out early. Dropped $5 to win $926.25 so let’s see

What a waste of money, should of gave it to a random off the street instead.

That's one of the craziest parlays I've seen lol.

Prop bets are hard enough to win.

Back