Biscuitsbrah's Bagwork

biscuitsbrah

Amateur Fighter
@Gold
Reaction score
Just a little boxing. Although I did throw some kicks at the end of the second video. Let me know what you guys think. My goal for this session was to just stay on the bag. Not necessarily to throw punches nonstop, but to fight the urge to disengage from the bag.

I stopped the first video early because I thought I looked shitty and over anxious. So i just re-went in the second video.

Thanks in advance!

Just a little boxing. Although I did throw some kicks at the end of the second video. Let me know what you guys think. My goal for this session was to just stay on the bag. Not necessarily to throw punches nonstop, but to fight the urge to disengage from the bag.

I stopped the first video early because I thought I looked shitty and over anxious. So i just re-went in the second video.

Thanks in advance!

Your punches are relatively fast, but your not putting much hip into them.

Your jab is just an arm punch with no hips or anything.

When you throw your right hand your telegraphing with your elbow.

Your body shots there aren't much hips in it either.

Your hook seems like your just swinging your arm to me that ls.

When you throw your 1 2 1 your keeping your head on the line.

That is all I could gather from your video your punching power is good though.

In b4 comments turn to just being about the girl behind you.

In b4 comments turn to just being about the girl behind you.
Fuuu that’s what i was thinking. Her ass is in the middle of the video. Whats funny is when I was rewatching my video I wasn’t even looking at my bag work either

Fuuu that’s what i was thinking. Her ass is in the middle of the video. Whats funny is when I was rewatching my video I wasn’t even looking at my bag work either

How can any guy ignore a nice ass? A lot of people get distracted by that shit all the time and even some of them get knocked down in sparring because of that shit lol.

I didn't even notice her, does that make me gay?

You looked better as time went by and you started being less stiff and moving with more ease. I know sometimes when you have to record it can be flustering.

Two things I'd say. First is to work on your "rhythm" a little more, meaning weight shift back and forth, side to side from hip to hip getting into a groove with it before you take the angles, rolls, slips and steps. Doesn't even have to punch that much to do it. I know you're a more linear fighter with a great bounce and awesome wrestling, but when you're in that midrange on the bag it'll just give you an extra layer and it'll open up your game so much.

Second thing is upper body position. Chin is very high and vulnerable. You're usually good at keeping out of range but that will get you caught at some point.

Are plans for fights coming up?

You looked better as time went by and you started being less stiff and moving with more ease. I know sometimes when you have to record it can be flustering.

Two things I'd say. First is to work on your "rhythm" a little more, meaning weight shift back and forth, side to side from hip to hip getting into a groove with it before you take the angles, rolls, slips and steps. Doesn't even have to punch that much to do it. I know you're a more linear fighter with a great bounce and awesome wrestling, but when you're in that midrange on the bag it'll just give you an extra layer and it'll open up your game so much.

Second thing is upper body position. Chin is very high and vulnerable. You're usually good at keeping out of range but that will get you caught at some point.

Yeah the camera makes everything weird. I’ll try getting a rhythm and maybe feel myself on the bag a little more. Play with some hip movements and stuff. And I did notice my head was especially high.

Haven’t been able to get anything booked. Hopefully something opens up in Jan or feb though. Kinda frustrating not fighting for 6+ months. But in a way I’m grateful for having time off after consecutively losing a kickboxing and mma fight, just to work on some weaknesses.

THanks for the observations. Btw I’m sorry Sano but yes it makes u gay

Last edited:

dude there's nothing sexier than combat sports.

You look good when you start moving to your right and putting some venom on the right hand. The left hook looks good also, when your throwing it in combination. Watch stringing too many punches together moving together moving to your left, either make sure your keeping that left hand tight or preferably set it up with a few more duck uppers (boxing of course, if it's kickboxing not so much)

You look good when you start moving to your right and putting some venom on the right hand. The left hook looks good also, when your throwing it in combination. Watch stringing too many punches together moving together moving to your left, either make sure your keeping that left hand tight or preferably set it up with a few more duck uppers (boxing of course, if it's kickboxing not so much)
Yeah I’ve been trying to drill moving to the right more. I naturally gravitate to moving towards my left when both moving forward and backward.
And what is a duck upper? Is that like a bob?

I dont like where your right hand is.positioned and how take it up when you jab. You are inviting some nasty counters.

For example a weave right under that jab while taking a small step to the right to cut your lateral movement, comming up with a left hook ... you may get into a trouble.

Second imo you stay too tall for your height. Try pumping the chest forward, while slightly lowering your stance and bring the chin down. It will also help you with the weaves and take downs for MMA. You are currently in some weird KB stance.

Lastly try to do all the steps when doing the small punches. You start nice and then you forget to step too when speed goes up.

Positives are you have improved a lot. Everything looks more technically sound.

Thanks in advance!

skimmed through the 2nd video, everything looks good, clean crisp sharp, as with anything and everybody, we can always improve everywhere....only thing worth pointing out IMO would be that.........your chin wasnt up, but it also wanst tucked.

I'd like to see you open up your hips more to get better power and drive on your kicks. Ballparking from the video, your base foot is at about a 45°-60° angle to the target when the kick lands, which isn't bad but it's leaving some power and snap on the table. Try to get your base foot and leg to around 90° to the target, this lets you fully open up your hips so you can accelerate the kick through its final phase and really slam it through the target. When kicking with the front leg you'll have to add even more angle to get the same effect.

Obviously it's a bit wonky to step you base leg sideways all at once so the footwork gets a bit interesting. After starting the kick, you need to pivot the base foot/leg sideways somewhere around halfway into the kick. It's a lot easier to see with a video. Kicking leg comes up, base leg pivots to open up the hips, drive kick through target.

What is your training background? It looks like you need to move your head more and move with/around the bag.

Anyways, what happened to your norcal friend looking for a gym?

I'd like to see you open up your hips more to get better power and drive on your kicks. Ballparking from the video, your base foot is at about a 45°-60° angle to the target when the kick lands, which isn't bad but it's leaving some power and snap on the table. Try to get your base foot and leg to around 90° to the target, this lets you fully open up your hips so you can accelerate the kick through its final phase and really slam it through the target. When kicking with the front leg you'll have to add even more angle to get the same effect.

Obviously it's a bit wonky to step you base leg sideways all at once so the footwork gets a bit interesting. After starting the kick, you need to pivot the base foot/leg sideways somewhere around halfway into the kick. It's a lot easier to see with a video. Kicking leg comes up, base leg pivots to open up the hips, drive kick through target.

She does NOT drive through the target and utilize the hip optimally in that clip.

Thanks in advance!

My 2c's contribution to thread is first practice good lead jabs at a correct distance and full extension of the arm.

First punch lightly then starting adding power from the rear foot up through the twist of the hip hitting 2inches past the target.

Also in your hooks add more elbow alignment and snap shifting to the each side and then move around practice that for a few months then tell me the difference that you feel.

From another point of view you are not whipping and taking out chunks in your punches, you are constricting and not allowing full muscle expansion as you hit the bag.

LEAD JAB EXAMPLE:-

Sudsakorn-Jab.jpg

The idea is to snap the head backwards and also jabbing to the bridge of the nose.

HOOK PUNCH EXAMPLE:-

b1fa961a42c1e39b47e75277500c405d.jpg

Allowing correct technique will also help you snap back punches and assist in throwing punches in punches.

When you Hook punch its good to clear to the side and as you are crunching at the hips and release swing to the other side switching your hand guard quickly.

You will get such a good workout doing this and you will see how striking in angles open up easily, you are to static meaning your torso is always in neutral position learn to move side to side laterally and work on the footwork.

Trust me you will enjoy it allot more.

Last edited:

i think bas ruttens video on how to kick does a great job of demonstrating what your talking about.

I do the same, my foot is already "pre pivoted" in my step

not the video I was looking for but close enough

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back