Biscuitsbrah spazzing out

biscuitsbrah

Amateur Fighter
@Gold
Reaction score
Here’s two clips of me shadow boxing.
Already got my work in on the bag so I felt like having fun and trying to be as fast and spazzy as possible lol.

After I watched the first clip I realized how bad the rotation on my punches and how slow my kicks and footwork were. Tried to speed it up but I was too tired to improve lol. Gotta work my kicks and knees more. Especially my left kick

I think im going to start implementing more flat and incline sprints to get faster legs and feet.

Last edited:
Already got my work in on the bag so I felt like having fun and trying to be as fast and spazzy as possible lol.

After I watched the first clip I realized how bad the rotation on my punches and how slow my kicks and footwork were. Tried to speed it up but I was too tired to improve lol. Gotta work my kicks and knees more. Especially my left kick

I think im going to start implementing more flat and incline sprints to get faster legs and feet.

Muay Thai kicks are slower by nature. Looks perfectly normal.. Didn't you learn snappy ones too in the Kickboxing gym?

I want to kick like tenshin and saenchai.
Tenshin just training and getting tired, while saenchai pacing himself warming up for a fight

Aren't you the guy with SARMs ? Maybe the side effects hit you boi.

nah.
He's good in grappling and looks that is doing mma.
-
Not bad if for grapple. I had watched chanel's videos.

I really like that you're not kicking all the way through, kicking like that will help you be more efficient on re-gaining stance after a failed kick, which is where people usually find themselves in trouble.

If you want to kick like Tenshin/Saenchai, make sure that you're kicking straight up and in, rather than swinging out like a bat. Also, practise some isometric exercises holding your leg up in the air and bouncing it, ballet/taekwondo style. That'll give you plenty of freedom. The kicks are looking real good though.

So for your lead leg kick, which you said you needed to work on more - practise using a small step:
Kru-Dam-Whisper-Step-w1400.jpg

That is all you need, it will make the telegraph less obvious.

Another thing you can do is switches, you squat and as you come up you switch your feet, in a matter similar to if you were switch kicking. Doing it while coming up from a squat makes the movement explosive and very fast. That coupled with the small switch step that Kru Dam Sitmonchai generates there, makes the switch as imperceptible as a switch step can possible be.

I really like that you're not kicking all the way through, kicking like that will help you be more efficient on re-gaining stance after a failed kick, which is where people usually find themselves in trouble.

If you want to kick like Tenshin/Saenchai, make sure that you're kicking straight up and in, rather than swinging out like a bat. Also, practise some isometric exercises holding your leg up in the air and bouncing it, ballet/taekwondo style. That'll give you plenty of freedom. The kicks are looking real good though.

So for your lead leg kick, which you said you needed to work on more - practise using a small step:
Kru-Dam-Whisper-Step-w1400.jpg

That is all you need, it will make the telegraph less obvious.

Another thing you can do is switches, you squat and as you come up you switch your feet, in a matter similar to if you were switch kicking. Doing it while coming up from a squat makes the movement explosive and very fast. That coupled with the small switch step that Kru Dam Sitmonchai generates there, makes the switch as imperceptible as a switch step can possible be.
Thanks for the advice. I really like having a small step for fast switch kicks. Barboza-esque. I’m not sure if I can generate power if I just bring the knee straight up though, I’ll play with it tomorrow

Thanks for the advice. I really like having a small step for fast switch kicks. Barboza-esque. I’m not sure if I can generate power if I just bring the knee straight up though, I’ll play with it tomorrow

You won't generate as much power, but it will be much faster and harder to read. It's pretty much the default way you're taught to kick over my side of the pond.

These should help, I think Scott Adkins tutorial is the best overall, he breaks down every individual step though, so it might be repeating stuff you already know. It's a bit of a hybrid between Muay Thai and Taekwondo, but overall resembles the ideal kick more.

Watching Karuhat do it is something else tho, that's the sort of end goal, it comes straight up and in, but in one movement, rather than Greg Wootton's turn, although I think Wootton over emphasises the turn for the sake of demonstration.

I personally really don't like the basebal bat esque swing I see from American fighters. No one in Thailand does that, granted they don't all have as narrow an arc as Karuhat, but you can't see them from a mile off either.

Christ, u look like you’d come off as taller if you’d just put your pants on your arms and start walking around on your hands.

<WhatIsThis>

You won't generate as much power, but it will be much faster and harder to read. It's pretty much the default way you're taught to kick over my side of the pond.

These should help, I think Scott Adkins tutorial is the best overall, he breaks down every individual step though, so it might be repeating stuff you already know. It's a bit of a hybrid between Muay Thai and Taekwondo, but overall resembles the ideal kick more.

Watching Karuhat do it is something else tho, that's the sort of end goal, it comes straight up and in, but in one movement, rather than Greg Wootton's turn, although I think Wootton over emphasises the turn for the sake of demonstration.

I personally really don't like the basebal bat esque swing I see from American fighters. No one in Thailand does that, granted they don't all have as narrow an arc as Karuhat, but you can't see them from a mile off either.

Thanks. I’ll work on it then. I noticed saenchai has a wide square stance when throwing kicks, but I guess it doesn’t come from the side

Wow your very quick with your hands! How long have you been training?
Thanks man. Maybe about 6-7 years of striking.

Christ, u look like you’d come off as taller if you’d just put your pants on your arms and start walking around on your hands.

<WhatIsThis>
Lol. Are you saying I have short stubby legs or just that I’m short in general

@AndyMaBobs
You helped me a lot. I just tried a couple kicks doing my best to kick from chamber if you will and it feels a lot better. Not sure I’m flexible enough to get it up to someone’s head who’s taller than me but it’s so much faster and cleaner.

I think part of the reason I was kicking so wide is because my stance is very wide for footwork purposes.

Just threw some kicks. Wasn’t warmed up or anything. Still needs a lot of work but is this better?

Last edited:
Thanks. I’ll work on it then. I noticed saenchai has a wide square stance when throwing kicks, but I guess it doesn’t come from the side

So the square stance doesn't really change the arc of the kick, you can still kick up. It's more that you don't want your kick to circle out.

e7629077c9a764ed1ba7e59dd6b4bdab.gif

If this helps imagine a clock.

Your target is at 2, you want your leg to go from 6, straight to 2, you don't want it to swing outwards on its way and go to 8 or 9.

Back