1. We now have a new forum called Fantasy Matchup Discussion. Access it here

Biotest spike

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by Urban, Dec 22, 2005.

1. Urban

Urban Savage Mystic

I broke down and bought 10 tablets (5 sample packs). Appearently this little yellow pill is going to make me a better person in every way. I look forward to beginning my experience tomorrow. Anyone have any input?

2. Valgarv

Valgarv Guest

What's in it?

3. BAS_FAN

BAS_FAN Purple Belt

I did the same and broke down and bought some kre-alkalyn
    man, sometimes when you're there and its there...you just gotta buy it

4. Urban

Urban Savage Mystic

It's mostly B-vitamins and caffiene, but it has some nootropic agent in it and supposedly it's all about how they make the stuff that makes it great (and impossible to reverse engineer).

5. yomon

yomon Green Belt

lol well isn't that a load of marketing BS

6. Valgarv

Valgarv Guest

Sure sounds like it.

SAN's Tight is an excellent suppliment if you need a stimulant/fat burner. I don't handle caffeine very well, wish I did, but I got soo much done while I was taking Tight it was insane. The intensity level during training was always there.

7. stewy37

stewy37 Guest

I tried it a while ago. I seemed a bit more focused on my lifts, but that could have just been a placebo effect. The biggest thing I noticed was that after 2-3 sets of lifting I felt like I wanted to puke my brains out. Not a whole lot of fun.

8. Madmick

Madmick Cerebrage Staff Member Senior Moderator

Biotest>SAN.

Biotest has been the real deal, so far. I read TC's article at T-nation, Urban, but it was obscure.

I'm interested to hear the results. Are you a regular ECA user, Urban? If you review it, I'd like it compared to that.

9. Urban

Urban Savage Mystic

No, I supplement with... well food and that's about it. Without google I couldn't even tell you what ECA is.

10. Madmick

Ephedrine + Caffeine + Aspirin.

I thought the anticoagulative properties of aspirin were a safety measure in the stack (plus the fact that it helps with the pain of heavy lifting), but Terumo never answered me on that, and I have no idea who else to ask. Maybe Entropy. But aspirin might be unnecessary.

It's also very cheap, which is why I wanted a detailed comparison of their effects. I find it highly unlikely this stuff will be more effective than 25mg Ephedrine plus 200mg caffeine, but it sounds like a pharmaceutical, so I was interested how it measured up.

11. Nimrod321

Nimrod321 White Belt

According to Terumo in this thread, http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=296784

12. Madmick

Thanks for that Nimrod, but I've already read that- I wasn't being clear.

For weight loss, yes, adding the aspirin extends the effects of the ephedrine and caffeine; if you're trying to lose weight, then maintaining a heightened thermogenic state for a longer period of time equals more burned calories.

But for preworkout stimulation, you don't need the EC to last even 3-5 hours. I had read that the aspirin was a safety measure because it ameliorates the blood cells' tendency to adhere to vessel walls. This is important because ephedrine's redeeming studies have indicated that the deaths attributed to ephedrine were caused by: 1) most likely an overdose, or 2) consumption by individuals with pre-existing coronary blockages.

In other words, the risk of ephedrine is somehow related to vascular problems, particularly those who have trouble moving blood through the heart. If I take an aspirin, I might have greater difficulty controlling blood loss (so don't take it before boxing, that can be a hassle), but I'll be that less likely to develop a blockage in my vascular system.

But shit like this can be tricky. I can't remember any conclusions being drawn from that study besides what I've already stated, so it might work as I have inferred, or it might be something altogether different; maybe people who are genetically predisposed to have coronary problems share some trait in their genetic code that also causes them to die when they take ephedrine. I don't know.

The body is huge.

13. Sinister

Sinister Doctor of Doom Staff Member Senior Moderator

TIGHT is my personal favorite fat-burner. Out of everything I've used it worked the best with the least dosage.

14. Madmick

Whoa, didn't mean that. I was checking the swipe at Biotest. They market like everyone else because they have to. If people weren't idiots, companies wouldn't succeed with that kind of marketing.

15. ratfacedkid

ratfacedkid Purple Belt

t-nation is a pretty good site and biotest makes in my opinion the best protein powders, but their cheesy advertising for stuff like spike is really annoying. You'd think that infomerical style would turn away a lot of the knowledgable people there but they really lap it up. Weird.

16. Urban

Urban Savage Mystic

one yellow pill, down the hatch. I was going to take this 30 minutes before working out, but seeing as how I've got stuff to do today, I thought I'd give it a shot first thing in the morning. Since I don't take any stimulants normaly, the effects so far are kinda strange to me.

17. fat_wilhelm

fat_wilhelm Black Belt

I'm almost through w/ my first bottle of Biotest Alpha Male. I think I like it, but it's hard to say because I started on Cellmass and NO-Xplode at roughly the same time so it's hard to isolate what's doing what. At any rate, something's been working lately. I've only heard good things about Biotest.

Be sure to let us know how that yellow pill treats you.

18. zdrax

zdrax White Belt

Hey, Georges St. Pierre had the Biotest "Spike" logo plastered all over his fighting shorts at the last UFC, and is currently sponsored by Biotest, while everyone else is a Xyience nuthugger. Biotest sells direct to customer and develops way better products than Xyience. And cheesy?! Come on! Those Xyience commercials are the pinnacle of cheese.

19. Valgarv

Valgarv Guest

What's your point? They're both cheesy. ratfacedkid is right, that advertising style did turn me away from t-mag several years ago. That and the close-minded approach of some of their writters.

20. Grady

Grady Blue Belt

Hey don't badmouth my Amber in the swimming pool commercial, mmm-kay?