Bill Starr questions

Gigaldor

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Ive just read Bill Starrs Strength Factor and i would like to ask some questions.The program is Monday-heavy,wednesday-light,friday-medium.I have a busy schedule and i thought to do like this:monday-heavy,wednesday-medium,thursday or friday-light.I know that medium and light are consecutive but sometimes i dont have other solutions.What are your thoughts?Thanks

Im not familiar with the program but why exactly do you need to move the work intensities around. Is light days so much faster?

Im switching intensities cause i can only workout from monday to thursday and i really want to do bill starr or madcows version.i thought doing the light day the last i would be better for me.Oppinions?:icon_chee

Edit: well shit. This answer is in reference to switching the days around on Madcow/Starr "Power Routine". NOT the strength factor routine.

I would say no that you shouldn't. You should do the program as written.

I don't see you hitting a triple 2.5% above your top work set only two days after doing the heaviest work set for 5 reps. This is essentially asking your CNS to get two squat PRs per week perpetually within two days of each other (volume then intensity) once the intensities work up to your current training maxes.

It is possible given that the sets are ramped and not across but it goes against the design of the program.

If I was going to switch it at all, I'd do medium, then heavy, then light which is essentially the same program just moved forward one day so that you start and end the week with different loads but in the same order. I think it's more likely that you can get the heavy triple then back off slightly (intensity then volume) for 5 reps two days later than the other way around.

Last edited:
Back