Bill Maher smokes joint on live tv

• Thread starter Deleted member 499399
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 499399

so Friday nights episode of real time ended with Bill Maher smoking a joint and sharing it with some of his guests. I was a little shocked and don't know if this has ever been done before but haven't heard much buzz about it. So my question is , is this a big deal or in 2016 ? Or have we just realized that this is no different than someone drinking a beer?

It's a desperate attempt at relevancy, and its kinda become his gimmick.

Who cares? Smoking weed stopped becoming a big deal after becoming legalized in Colorado.

I think he's done it before.

Ironically, I think he wanted to create controversy, but got the "who cares?" response he's been rallying for.

I like Maher, but I don't get the point. There is still a line professionals should walk. Booze is legal, but you don't see Anderson Cooper taking a swig of JD on the air, just because he can. It just comes off as immature.

If only places like Texas were as civilized.

Yeah I agree. Texas is a retarded state. The only good thing about it is the weather (I hate long winters) and the low cost of living. Supposedly were close to marijuana legislation though. I don't know how true that is.

Ironically, I think he wanted to create controversy, but got the "who cares?" response he's been rallying for.

I like Maher, but I don't get the point. There is still a line professionals should walk. Booze is legal, but you don't see Anderson Cooper taking a swig of JD on the air, just because he can. It just comes off as immature.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I've seen him do this before, and I rarely watch the show..

The point is that it's illegal in most states, millions have a criminal record over a plant, or other drugs that should be legal. Bill and others should all smoke pot on tv. He's a good man for doing this. He should snort coke next. People like him get things to change. It's absurd how many millions have suffered over this shit. And then when someone blatantly violates federal law, which everyone should, people get mad because it's not edgy enough. Whatever, he's still doing good.

The war on drugs has been a war on the American poor. Drugs have always been ok for the rich to do. You can do drugs and become president if you're rich. If you are a poor man you can't even get a job with a record. It's a war on the poor and thankfully people like Bill mock the law.

I wish their was some way to track who was against pot, coke, lsd, mushrooms ect from being legalized, so they could be mocked and laughed at.

Last edited:
Who cares? Smoking weed stopped becoming a big deal after becoming legalized in Colorado.
Even in California it isn't that hard to get, I bought a 35 dollar medicinal card, its actually easier for me to walk one block to a dispensary than it is to go to a liquor store, the court threw out my ticket when I didn't have a card.

Recently a bunch of pot shops have sprung up around Vancouver and I don't even know if the law has actually changed. But they are not being shut down. There are now 4 times as many pot shops as Starbucks. And there are 3 Starbucks in walking distance from my house. Apparently they have sent retail space rental costs through the roof as there are no longer many empty retail spaces.

If I smoked pot, I'd probably be really happy.

Its not even the first time pots been smoked live on his show. I think zack gala whatever has that honor.

Bill maher is behind the times, Arnold did that shit at the end of the pumping iron movie, what was that like 1977??? And he still became governor of California.

The point was that the silent majority, who are pro-legalization/decriminalization, need to come out of the closet, instead of passively just waiting for the barriers to come down, if things are ever going to change nationally. That was my interpretation, anyway.

He looks like the kind of guy that would, how do I say this, its rhymes with "bigger hip" the joint.

The point is that it's illegal in most states, millions have a criminal record over a plant, or other drugs that should be legal.

And Bill smoking a joint on private property does what exactly? People saw a guy smoke a joint? Wow. What a statement. I'm sure legislation is right around the corner, because some 60 year-old celebrity smoked a joint on live TV.

I'd argue that it's counter-productive. It makes him look like an idiot who can't articulate his position with words, so instead, he just thumbs his nose at authority like a fuckin' teenager. Pointless.

And Bill smoking a joint on private property does what exactly? People saw a guy smoke a joint? Wow. What a statement. I'm sure legislation is right around the corner, because some 60 year-old celebrity smoked a joint on live TV.

I'd argue that it's counter-productive. It makes him look like an idiot who can't articulate his position with words, so instead, he just thumbs his nose at authority like a fuckin' teenager. Pointless.

Would he be an idiot teenager if he drank a scotch during prohibition?

He is publicly and peacefully protesting and committing an illegal act. I respect him for it.

Bills my new hero. Next I hope he does a line off a hookers ass on tv

You know theres a lot of morons out there who still believe in reefer madness type shit and seeing a du puff a doob and not go nuts and still be able to speak is a good message. The speech he gave along with it also makes it less of a joke and more of a point .... Least thats how i see it man

Back