Bill Gates never invented 86-Dos it was purchased Bill Gates was a front for Windows and the busines

First of i want to say I am not 100% on all these facts but I have done a fair amount of research so bear with me. My research found out that Tim Paterson made 86-Dos for a company he was working. That company sold it off to Bill Gates for a very very very very very very very very very very low price. Paul Allen himself was more of the Architect of Windows than Bill was. Bill was more of the business man who out muscled the competition, go figure a skinny guy would be the muscle lol, no pun intended.

If you have any questions I will be glad to answer them. I'll be here all day.
Windows is famous for establishing a GUI for operating systems, not a command line interface that only techs knew how to use. Dos was great but it was the graphical user interface that made computers accessible to the mass public.

EDIT: Do you even know what the 8086 chip is?

Windows is famous for establishing a GUI for operating systems, not a command line interface that only techs knew how to use. Dos was great but it was the graphical user interface that made computers accessible to the mass public.

EDIT: Do you even know what the 8086 chip is?

Of course I know what a 8086 chip is. What, do you think I am a moran?.....

Hater
tenor.gif

White men can jump!

Most everyone knows Bill Gates did not personally program windows. It was a team of programmers working for his company.

This always irked me. Windows is just a program. Any team of professional programmers can make something similar. Windows never should have been dominant enough in the market to make Gates the wealthiest person at that time. Should have been easy to under cut him.

First of i want to say I am not 100% on all these facts but I have done a fair amount of research so bear with me. My research found out that Tim Paterson made 86-Dos for a company he was working. That company sold it off to Bill Gates for a very very very very very very very very very very low price. Paul Allen himself was more of the Architect of Windows than Bill was. Bill was more of the business man who out muscled the competition, go figure a skinny guy would be the muscle lol, no pun intended.

Yes, the system was sold when Gates and company couldn't get theirs to work and had to go out and buy one. It was sold cheap because the architect had already developed a better system.

A lot of people still think that Bill Gates runs Microsoft but he doesnt.

My point exactly.

But what’s your point? Gates was a smart and shrewd business man, and it made him very wealthy. Does it matter if people mistakenly think he made DOS and/or Windows? It’s not like people go around singing his praises as a programming genius. He’s known for founding Microsoft and being ridiculously wealthy. But he’s not hailed as a hero of innovation like a Thomas Edison.

But what’s your point? Gates was a smart and shrewd business man, and it made him very wealthy. Does it matter if people mistakenly think he made DOS and/or Windows? It’s not like people go around singing his praises as a programming genius. He’s known for founding Microsoft and being ridiculously wealthy. But he’s not hailed as a hero of innovation like a Thomas Edison.

We are on agreement, why are you arguing with me if you are making my point further?

Wasn't Gates still a good programmer tho? It's not like he was just another Steve Jobs who as far as I know couldn't program shit and just brought programmers and engineers together to realize his vision.
I remember reading in his biography that Jobs got a programming job at Atari but he needed to have Wozniak sneak in at night to his office so that he could do the job for him.

Last edited:

lol jesus christ...stop making threads

Hey Tim Paterson , we get it, you just want credit for your creation. You aren't even looking to hate on Bill.

So ya, here's to you for creating that key component that made Bill and Paul and a host of others at MS very rich. You should have taken stock instead of cash when you sold since new companies are always happy to pay with stock.

Back