Bill Burr appreciation thread

His bi-weekly Podcast is a gift to mankind. Seriously, it's comedy gold 2 times per week and often better than his actual shows.

If you're fan and not listening to it.... Get On It!!!

Lost all respect for this guy when he didn't invite Anthiny Cumia to the Patrice benefit.

Really like F is For Family.

His standup is hit and miss with me, I don't think he's even close to an all-time great. I admire his skills, he just doesn't make me laugh as much as his reputation would suggest.

The fact that a softie like Bill STILL found a way to hurt your feelings says a lot.

The fact that a softie like Bill STILL found a way to hurt your feelings says a lot.
Uh, aren't you the guy who literally just said that you lost all respect for him when he snubbed Cumia?

Burr doesn't hurt my feelings at all. I like a lot of his work.

Uh, aren't you the guy who literally just said that you lost all respect for him when he snubbed Cumia?

Burr doesn't hurt my feelings at all. I like a lot of his work.

I lost respect for him, he didn't hurt my feelings, those are different things. He didn't invite Anthony to a Patrice benefit over some shit Patrice wouldn't have cared about because he didn't want to upset certain club owners.

That's a total political bitch move.

I lost respect for him, he didn't hurt my feelings, those are different things. He didn't invite Anthony to a Patrice Benefit over sine shit Patrice wouldn't have cared about because he didn't want to upset certain club owners.

That's a total bitch move.
But it totally didn't hurt your feelings tho

You are judo throwing yourself here.

Seen him live twice, and spoke to him once afterwards

my favorite comedian of all time (stand up wise), and a legit nice guy that gave mad time to all the fans

it's the little subtle barbs added to his jokes that get me, like the 'my dog was doing P90x in the corner' and whatnot

Really like F is For Family.

His standup is hit and miss with me, I don't think he's even close to an all-time great. I admire his skills, he just doesn't make me laugh as much as his reputation would suggest.

Chappell and CK are the guys from this generation that will go down in history like Pryor, Carlin and Murphy.

Chappell and CK are the guys from this generation that will go down in history like Pryor, Carlin and Murphy.
Chappelle for sure, Louis had a few years at the top but I think his comeback is gonna be the decider on that.

He had also beaten the shit out of a major club owner's young daughter.

And he started grooming her when she was like 14 or 15 years old.

ONMhLxj.jpg

The biggest laff in a Bill Burr thread is the guy who “lost all respect” for Bill because he didn’t invite a pedophile woman beater to an event.

It’s good to have standards.

If you just break down the raw ingredient of ‘funny’, Bill Burr has it in a larger quantity than the vast majority of comedians. As far as his actual work goes though, I don’t think he has a classic special yet. He has some good bits, but overall so far none of his specials really murder from beginning to end.

That’s why his interviews are often better than his standup. He’s just naturally funny.

By contrast, George Carlin for example probably has less of that natural ‘funny’ thing to start with, and yet he put such extraordinary craftsmanship into his work, that it resulted in a bunch of classic specials that are like real works of art.

pretty good choices, i'd personally add Burr but to each their own

only other I'd even consider from this era (unless we're counting Early Chris Rock too) is Sebastian Maniscalco. I know he's only had 2-3 specials that are less well known b/c they were on Showtime, but he is consistently ridiculously funny despite being relatively clean w/ his comedy

Wait he's a comedian? I thought he was some alt right talking head, he doesn't seem to have any comic ability at all beyond repeating conservative talking points in an outraged voice.

My favorite thing about Bill is how he likes to antagonize the audience when he goes on the Conan O'Brien show to do an interview. He says thing so wild and politically incorrect that they cringe and he makes fun of them for it....

Bill is the only guest that makes Conan uncomfortable and laugh at the same time. While insulting the audience.

Back