Bill Burr appreciation thread

Legend.

I remember hearing him talk on a podcast about the aftermath of that show. He talked about how he practically had PTSD from it; he was on edge for weeks after that, practically cursing to himself and always expecting that someone was gonna mouth off at him and he'd have to go off again, and not just when he was on stage, but just walking around in day-to-day life.

Worth.
Hilarious. Like for a second he's all, "Did I just become a #roastme meme?"

He’s funny as hell. I love the way he thinks. His monologue about celebs who said they’d leave the US if Trump wins was one of the best I’ve ever heard.

YouTube channel that used to be dedicated to clips of Bill Burr commentary with the video(AllenPalin). Some of the best shit on the interwebz.

You're welcome

Just saw him live for the first time last month. It was awesome.

We should start doing standup battle threads with polls.

Come to with a list of 16 or 32 comedians and start a tournament.

People can volunteer to rep their favorite comedians and look for their best jokes head to head.

I'm only interested if you know anything that indicates it, beyond stats.

Dude, lighten up. My first comment was tongue in cheek, but also based on a strong possibility. I don't think I'm suggesting anything that radical.

I’m a fan. Dude cracks me up. Hope he stays on course and has many more years ahead of him like Carlin did.

I also dig the controversial takes and plain way of stating things he has. Not sure if it’s just an act, but it comes across as straight forward and let’s you make your mind up about him pretty quickly as he doesn’t hold back with what’s going on in his head. I usually appreciate meeting people that are this way irl and usually end up getting along with them even if I don’t agree with a lot of their opinions. I place a pretty high value on honesty and being open about shit.

Really like F is For Family.

His standup is hit and miss with me, I don't think he's even close to an all-time great. I admire his skills, he just doesn't make me laugh as much as his reputation would suggest.

We should start doing standup battle threads with polls.

Come to with a list of 16 or 32 comedians and start a tournament.

People can volunteer to rep their favorite comedians and look for their best jokes head to head.
I'm certain that such a competition would bring out only the finest, most incisive opinions. We can build the trophy out of dog shit.

Bill reminds me of so many people from where I'm from, including multiple family members. It's part of why his style always clicked with me.

"Women are constantly patting themselves on the back over how hard their lives are.
...It's just this tornado of misinformation and nobody corrects 'em because they wanna fuck 'em."

Easily one of the funniest people on the planet.

My favorite thing about Bill is how he likes to antagonize the audience when he goes on the Conan O'Brien show to do an interview. He says thing so wild and politically incorrect that they cringe and he makes fun of them for it....

Back