Biker gets minimum jail time in gang beating

They call it "gang assault"...so something to do with the fact that they are considered to be some sort of organized gang that targeted that guy makes it different than just a bar fight or even a normal road rage incident.

One of those sentencing laws that is supposed to discourage people from joining gangs and participating in the normal things gangs do I suppose.

Yes, he should just spend 10 years in jail so that he can properly join a prison gang.

woulda had zero qualms about running them off the road after they tried to box him in. bikers always trying to be badass, good luck getting run over

stupid and ignorant sentiment

did you see how it all started? I'm not saying the beating is justified, but the driver could have avoided all of this if he didnt try to be a tough guy matching their speed.

Insecure men cant handle it when a biker speeds past them.

woulda had zero qualms about running them off the road after they tried to box him in. bikers always trying to be badass, good luck getting run over

everyone else let them pass, but the range rover wouldnt. thats why they crowded his car. Not that they had a right to do it, but use common sense people. Everyone involved in this story is an asshole except for the baby in the car. Also the wife further escalated it when she threw a water bottle at a biker.

I saw the video. he did nothing wrong or illegal at first, and then they crowded him. He doesn't have to let them pass, he's already in the lane and has right of way.

That's absurd. The bikers, 100% were at complete fault

what happened basically, is they tried to DBO him through intimidation, ol' Asian guy didn't play and ran one of them over, they chased him down and beat him......

What did they think was gonna happen? they literally tried to box him in w/ like 10 bikes, I woulda ran all them over. f em

I saw the video. he did nothing wrong or illegal at first, and then they crowded him. He doesn't have to let them pass, he's already in the lane and has right of way.

That's absurd. The bikers, 100% were at complete fault
the altercation happened before the incident in video:

"Alexian Lien and his wife Rosalyn Ng were on the West Side Highway on Sept. 29, 2013 when a group of bikers, in town for a scofflaw tour called Hollywood Block Party, swarmed around the couple

Gang assault, not aggravated assault.

A whole gang of bikers chased this fleeing guy down for miles, then dragged him from his vehicle and beat him in the middle of the street in front of his family. That is a bit different than punching some dude who stepped on your shoes.

The injuries and damage should determine the time served, not whether it was a gang or someone stepping on your shoes.

the range rover driver initiated the whole thing by not letting them pass on the highway. just let them pass you moran.

Exactly. If you don't let bikers pass you deserve to be chased down on the streets pulled out of you car and beaten down in front of your family. Hell if it was up to me we would have just hung him from a street light. While we make his wife and daughter watch on their knees.

the altercation happened before the incident in video:

"Alexian Lien and his wife Rosalyn Ng were on the West Side Highway on Sept. 29, 2013 when a group of bikers, in town for a scofflaw tour called Hollywood Block Party, swarmed around the couple

uh from your own post, they crowded them and wanted to intimidate them

a bunch of jerk off bikers thinking they're big and bad trying to act hard in front or a family

so she threw a half eaten plum and a bottle water, they escalate into smashing a side view mirror

never did i insuniate that the bikers were in the right to beat up a family in a car. I am just countering the assumption that they picked on a car at random to bully. Everyone else on the highway avoided them because they had common sense. This guy threw his suv right into the mix, when he should be aware that bikers are already paranoid about "cagers". Give them a wide berth and stop trying to police behavior on the road, thats not your job.

Let he who is without blame cast the first half-eaten plum.

the thing that really set it off was when the biker in front brakechecked him. The suv couldnt avoid hitting him because the driver was either a) not paying attention, or b) travelling too fast to stop in time. Both of those conditions were under his control. Ultimately, the brakechecker is to blame, but the driver is also partly responsible.

never did i insuniate that the bikers were in the right to beat up a family in a car. I am just countering the assumption that they picked on a car at random to bully. Everyone else on the highway avoided them because they had common sense. This guy threw his suv right into the mix, when he should be aware that bikers are already paranoid about "cagers". Give them a wide berth and stop trying to police behavior on the road, thats not your job.

the thing that really set it off was when the biker in front brakechecked him. The suv couldnt avoid hitting him because the driver was either a) not paying attention, or b) travelling too fast to stop in time. Both of those conditions were under his control. Ultimately, the brakechecker is to blame, but the driver is also partly responsible.

i don't know what your overall point is

bikers were scumbag that's instigating and trying to intimidate

I get your argument but there is no law that states you have to pull over and let a gigantic pack of street bikes go by you. So you got 50 of your friends to ride around in a pack together, whoopty fuckin doo. You don't all the sudden command the respect of everyone on the road because you got a bunch of douche bags together for a Sunday ride. The same rules still apply regardless of whether there's a pack of you out there.

It's like when a bike tries to lane split me at 75mph. I'm not moving over to give you any room. You have no business being in my lane, right next to me, at 75mph. If you crash and get hurt or killed, oh well. That's your fault for risking your life to save a couple seconds of ride time. If it's rush hour, I'll pull to the side and give you plenty of room to do it safely. If we're at speed, I'm not going to lay over for you so you don't have to pass me unsafely.

That article sucks.
It does not go into how seriously the victim was injured.
If it was a black eye or something, I don't think it is too serious.

The guy was face down on the concrete being curb-stomped by men with biker boots on.

Should attempted murder in the 1st degree.

Watch the video, the guy that "brakechecked" did so after swerving in front of him--the driver of the SUV wasn't responsible for how close he was following, and with only a few feet reaction time makes it impossible to stop. He wasn't "partly" at fault for anything.

Also, if you're going to try to police behavior on the road don't do it on a bike against a 5000lb SUV.

everyone else let them pass, but the range rover wouldnt. thats why they crowded his car. Not that they had a right to do it, but use common sense people. Everyone involved in this story is an asshole except for the baby in the car. Also the wife further escalated it when she threw a water bottle at a biker.

"let them pass?" They had three lanes, the SUV can't block all of them.

the range rover driver initiated the whole thing by not letting them pass on the highway. just let them pass you moran.

If this is the incident I'm thinking of the douche on the bike slammed on his brakes so they could stunt. Then the bikers went after the driver because he rear ended then.

If this is the incident I'm thinking of the douche on the bike slammed on his brakes so they could stunt. Then the bikers went after the driver because he rear ended then.

because he was driving in their "space". It pissed them off that he was matching their speed and not backing off like the other cars did. The bikers are dicks, everyone knows this. But the driver is an idiot for letting it escalate when he couldve backed off. He had a baby in the car for Christ sakes. Stop trying to outalpha a bike gang.

Back