Biggest TUF Bust?

Dick

Gaethje BMF + LW Champ 2024
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
1. James Wilks - remember him? yeah me neither

2. Amir Sadollah - Looked great on the show, has looked like crap ever since.

3. Efrain Escudero - Won the show being undefeated, then lost a few times and faded into obscurity.

those are my 3. who are some other TUF winners who went on to disappoint?

Last edited:
A lot of TUF winners have faded into obscurity lol.

Yeah, Amir was one of my favorites, I had much higher hopes for him.

Efrain kinda didn't surprise me.

Urijah Hall looked promising and, well, we all know what happened.

Honestly after the first 5 seasons, there isn't a real good fighter that has come out of the show. If anything, Dana is just trying to get some names out there and fighters on his roster to fill his cards.

A lot of TUF winners have faded into obscurity lol.
Yeah, so let's pick on TUF winners who didn't perform well in the UFC.

It's not like anyone hyped from Japan ever failed to find success in the UFC. Oh wait...

Honestly after the first 5 seasons, there isn't a real good fighter that has come out of the show. If anything, Dana is just trying to get some names out there and fighters on his roster to fill his cards.

Bader, Dodson, Dillashaw, Jury, Johnson, Nelson, Matt Brown, Pearson, Caeceres, Bermudez

That's an odd thing to say when one tuf fighter is fighting for the title this Saturday and another just fought for one last year.
Not to mention Jury is on a 5 fight win streak, Ferguson is like 3/4-1 in the UFC, kelvin Gastelum is coming off a big win over Rick Story, Barnatt is 3-0 in the UFC, etc.

This is simply a poorly thought out post.

Dodson is a top 3 fighter in his weightclass. Dillashaw is a fighting for a title in 3 days.

People are very high on Jury and Gastelum.

Brown and Bermudez have two of the longest winning streaks in the UFC.

You're a dumbass.

Yes, Dillashaw, Dodson, Bermudez and Gastelum are just filling cards. Go away.

Matt Brown? Michael Johnson? Alex Caceres? Myles Jury? Just card fillers.

Colton Smith...was probably the guy they least wanted to win TUF

Was a dirty fighter to get into the house, was an asshole in his post-fight victory,

I'm sure the entire TUF 16 season is considered a write-off for the UFC

I'd go with Escudero. Mac Danzig has had a long career and a lot of good fights but hasn't really made the impact most thought he would coming out of the house.

In retrospect, Amir Sadollah's run through TUF is nothing short of amazing (Gerald Harris, Matt Brown, and CB Dollaway) so since his career petered out completely after Johny Hendricks knocked his block off, I'd say him.

Sherdoggers said Uriah Hall is the man to beat Anderson Silva lol.

Colton Smith...was probably the guy they least wanted to win TUF

Was a dirty fighter to get into the house, was an asshole in his post-fight victory,

I'm sure the entire TUF 16 season is considered a write-off for the UFC

Agreed Colton Smith not exactly America's favorite fighter.

In retrospect, Amir Sadollah's run through TUF is nothing short of amazing (Gerald Harris, Matt Brown, and CB Dollaway) so since his career petered out completely after Johny Hendricks knocked his block off, I'd say him.

And he finished all 3 didn't he? Amir just hasn't fought the same since the big lights have been on him.

Abdollah? He has a winning record in the UFC since winning the finale, and he lost against good opponents.

1. Danzig 4-8
2. Escudero 2-4
3. Lutter 0-2, missed weight for a title fight... Although, he was from the comeback season
4. Grove 6-6
5. Smith 0-2, both losses to other TUF winners
6. Wilks 1-2
7. Stevenson 7-8, has some good wins, but also dropped to FW and still lost to a decent opponent
8. Brookins 1-3, but lost against good competition. He got thrown to the wolves.

Nover wasn't a TUF winner

Back