Biggest robbery in UFC history? Shogun had 80 str to Machidas 35 yet lost by UD

Doesn't he have a point? Why should someone be awarded a win for spamming low kicks for 5 rounds? Machida landed more shots the head
Except he didn't. UFC stats which had no reason to be biased shows Shogun 15 Machida 11 in head strikes total and Machida outstruck Shogun in only 1 round in head strikes.

Shogun didn't SPAM leg kicks. He consistently attacked Machida's legs. That resulted in significant strike difference of 80-35 in favour of Shogun. If you take away all leg kicks it becomes 32 Machida and 31 Shogun. Machida landed 3 leg kicks of his 35 significant strikes which is 8.6% of his offense. Shogun landed 49 of 80 significant strikes or 61.25%. I think when those kicks are 61% of a fighters offense in an otherwise dead even fight they certainly make the difference.

The judges are incompetent as Fnck as MMA is not boxing. Striking is the criteria not HEAD STRIKES. Nelson Hamilton gave Machida round 4 when he was outlanded in significant strikes 10-1. The other two judges gave Machida round one when he was outstruck 19-9 significant strikes and 2-1 in head strikes.

All three judges gave Machida rounds 2 and 3 yet in round 2 sig strikes were 21-7 for Shogun and head strikes were 2-1 in favour of Machida. Round 3 sig strikes were 19-12 for Shogun and head strikes were even at 6-6.

Last edited:
Certainly up there. At least justice was served in the end.

I think Machida got absolutely robbed against Phil Davis though, so what goes around comes around.

I still think the worst robbery ever is probably Diego Sanchez Vs Ross Pearson though.

Sanchez vs Pearson is the worst ever imo. Diego got fucked up the entire fight AND got dropped, and they gave him it 30-27. Lol

It wasnt just low kicks. Shogun outlanded Machida in head strikes as well according to fight metric. Also power head strikes in case you want to claim Machida's were somehow "better".

Regardless, if the rest of the action was pretty even and one guy got kicked in the leg 50 times and can barely walk... I know who won that fight.
Fightmetric
{<jordan}

Condit landed more strikes than Lawler attempted and hurt Lawler several times.

N yet it was Lawler who dropped him in the 2nd n had more head strikes in 3/5 rounds

Condit tried same thing he did vs Diaz where he avoids exchanges n goes for volume with not much behind it.

in Diaz fight he got rewarded for it, however it didn’t work when facing the champ

Machida was given that decision mostly out of force of habit. But, whatever. Shogun put an exclamation point on it in the rematch. There was no doubt who was the better fighter after that.

The story of the thread is ts making the op and then defending the decision in his posts after.

It wasn't actually that bad at all. There have been waaaaaaay worse decisions

It wasn't even a robbery, let alone the worst in UFC history.

A close, debatable decision. Rua landed lots of leg kicks and Machida barely survived the fight, but scoring it round by round you could definitely score it for Machida.

It sucks all people remember about the fight is the controversy..... It was a great fight between two of my favorite fighters that have a great deal of respect for one another..

If ones body language could say it all,here ya go!

98Wl7In-EHW-E5ibZF8CgRD3fSAY7FirlGVO4Te33EI.jpg

Any fight Leonard Garcia "won" by decision

Back