Biggest robbery in UFC history? Shogun had 80 str to Machidas 35 yet lost by UD

1. A ton of people called it a robbery. It was one of the worst, longest protracted fights on this site in my time here.

2. It wasn't corruption, it was shitty judging. Shitty judges were very common back then.
Agree with everything except the last 2 words. Shitty judges will always be part of the sport.

I need to rewatch the fight, but I remember Machida doing a great job of countering Shogun’s low kicks and body kicks with punches up top. Ultimately though, I remember feeling like that fight could have gone either way.

It certainly didn’t look like a 80 strikes to 35 difference. Also, that fight was funny in a sense that folks were recommending watching it muted, because of how incredibly biased Joe supposedly sounded.

<30>

Agree with everything except the last 2 words. Shitty judges will always be part of the sport.
I feel like it’s a lot better today overall than it was 10 years ago though

Doesn't he have a point? Why should someone be awarded a win for spamming low kicks for 5 rounds? Machida landed more shots the head
Because lowkicks also cause damage, not to mention that there's nothing stating that the judging criteria has a bias for a certain type of strike. Significant strikes are comprised of head, body and leg strikes.

What's your position here? Do you only make passive-aggressive assertions?

wzoUhp6.gif

Bad decisions happen all the time. Stats don't tell the whole story tho.

I need to rewatch the fight, but I remember Machida doing a great job of countering Shogun’s low kicks and body kicks with punches up top. Ultimately though, I remember feeling like that fight could have gone either way.

It certainly didn’t look like a 80 strikes to 35 difference. Also, that fight was funny in a sense that folks were recommending watching it muted, because of how incredibly biased Joe supposedly sounded.

<30>
Basically they landed the same number of punches. The real difference was how many leg kicks were landed. The judges clearly gave him no credit for the leg kicks, which was stupid because they had obviously taken a toll

Yeah, so why do people have such a fucking hard-on on low kicks? Head shots should be worth more IMO.

Low kicks are great when they are damaging but Shogun isn't exactly Pedro Rizzo or Jose Aldo

Rogaine was acting like the low kicks were slowing down Machida but he just looked like he was gassing

I thought BJ vs Edgar 1 was pretty bad. I thought BJ clearly won 4-1 but the judges were shocked that Frankie landed a couple takedowns and BJ seemed to gas in the 5th.

Nothing in MMA was as bad as Pacquiao/Bradley 1.....

Yeah, so why do people have such a fucking hard-on on low kicks? Head shots should be worth more IMO.
So wait you started this thread asking why more people weren’t outraged by the “corruption” but you also agree with the judges based on every Machida fans argument? Wtf?

Rogaine was acting like the low kicks were slowing down Machida but he just looked like he was gassing

Rogan has a fucking hard-on on low kicks just because his pussy ass legs can't take them. He ALWAYS hyperboles whenever people lands low kicks.

So wait you started this thread asking why more people weren’t outraged by the “corruption” but you also agree with the judges based on every Machida fans argument? Wtf?

I'm torn

Certainly up there. At least justice was served in the end.

I think Machida got absolutely robbed against Phil Davis though, so what goes around comes around.

I still think the worst robbery ever is probably Diego Sanchez Vs Ross Pearson though.

At least in that fight you could argue Phil won due to td

the real robbery was vs rampage. Don’t see how he got 2 rounds vs machida

Back