Biggest robbery in UFC history? Shogun had 80 str to Machidas 35 yet lost by UD

I have friends that still dont watch anymore because of that robbery.

You obviously wasnt around back then. Every thread on front page was claiming robbery, corruption, incompetence. Cecil People defended his decision saying leg kicks dont score points and he can see the sweat fly off their heads on a solid punch or some shit like that. This place was pissed.
Was just looking for that quote. Here's his full story
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/279499-cecil-peoples-leg-kicks-certainly-dont-finish-fights

But that's what UFC does, just like boxing. It's all about who wins the most rounds.
Did you have a stroke or something? I said i wish it was like it was in pride, meaning that it isn't.

Theres a huge difference in those fights. Robbie was destroying condit when that fight ended.

Rua was picking Lyoto apart at the end. Everyone knows who won
Robbie was getting his ass kicked most of that fight including doing fuck all in three 3rd and 4th just so he could have a superman round 5. 49-46 or 48-47 Condit. How judges gave him 3 rounds is flabbergasting.

Doesn't he have a point? Why should someone be awarded a win for spamming low kicks for 5 rounds? Machida landed more shots the head
It wasnt just low kicks. Shogun outlanded Machida in head strikes as well according to fight metric. Also power head strikes in case you want to claim Machida's were somehow "better".

Regardless, if the rest of the action was pretty even and one guy got kicked in the leg 50 times and can barely walk... I know who won that fight.

Robbie was getting his ass kicked most of that fight including doing fuck all in three 3rd and 4th just so he could have a superman round 5. 49-46 or 48-47 Condit. How judges gave him 3 rounds is flabbergasting.
That last round is like a 10-7. Condit got his ass kicked

It wasnt just low kicks. Shogun outlanded Machida in head strikes as well according to fight metric. Also power head strikes in case you want to claim Machida's were somehow "better".

Regardless, if the rest of the action was pretty even and one guy got kicked in the leg 50 times and can barely walk... I know who won that fight.

Then what do these stats stand for showing Machida outlanding him both head and body shots?

http://www.ufcstats.com/fight-details/e60e53bdc614a0af

Scoring system

Shogun landed many of those on a gassed Machida who took the first 3 rounds. Also most of Shogun's strikes were light leg kicks while Machida was blasting him in the head

Could have been 48-47 either way

Scoring system

Shogun landed many of those on a gassed Machida who took the first 3 rounds. Also most of Shogun's strikes were light leg kicks while Machida was blasting him in the head

Could have been 48-47 either way

Yeah, so why do people have such a fucking hard-on on low kicks? Head shots should be worth more IMO.

I’m happy Shogun avenged this loss and won UFC gold.
I really didn’t think Jones was ready for Shogun, that guy is an absolute beast.

Shogun was a huge dog as well, I remember leaving the bar angry

Bought the rematch n missed it when I went to pick up my friend

Back