Biggest robbery: GSP vs Hendricks or Jones vs Reyes?

It's closer than you think it was. Try it without the volume. Joe Rogan was going in on how devastating the elbows were, which I didn't think they were. Good shots yeah, but he wasn't wobbled.

If you consider GSP actually landed one extra significant strike, and had a sub attempt and was pushing forward then it's not absurd to believe that two out of three judges gave him the round. GSP's body shots were actually effective in that round hence the 70% effort by JH in the fifth.

It's not a robbery. Definitely an argument for either in round 1 or a draw. JH took off round 5. Has no one to blame but his self.

00GSPStats.png
^^^^^^^^THIS

I actually rewatched it last night, and the commentary is so ridiculously biased. The first round was extremely close, but Rogan and Goldie were freaking out over everything Hendricks did and ignoring everything GSP did. Some of the worst commentary I've ever heard.

I'm pretty sure they got a memo from Dana.

This.

"Robbery" gets thrown around much too easily. A robbery is not a controversial decision...it is not even a bad decision...it is an egregiously poor decision where it seems near-impossible to justify it.

It is quite fair to argue that Hendricks and Reyes deserved to win their respective fights...but sound arguments can be made for the decisions that were actually rendered.
^^^^^^^^^^THIS

Debatable decisions happen all the time. Bad decisions happen sometimes too.

But actual robberies are relatively rare. A lot of people cry robbery when what they really mean us that they disagree with the decision.

Reactions: MRT
@Mohawk Banditó.....remind me, what did GSP ask for to move up and fight Anderson in his Prime?

I forget....

<DirkMavs>
The two best pound for pound fighters and champions of a combined 11 years or the best pound for pound fighter if you count caught cheaters who isn't a champion vs the guy who just won his belt? Yeah, it's comparable. But Jones pricing himself out isn't the only issue, it's just a continuing one. From a guy who has pretended he'd fight at heavyweight for since 2012.

GSP did nothing in that fight that even scratched Hendricks....sad.
Were they having a scratch fight? I'm sorry, I forgot you mixed up MMA with little girls fighting in the park again. You really need to stop watching those, someone's gonna call the cops.

Personally, I scored the WW fight a tie, whereas I don't see any reasonable argument for giving Jones more than two rounds.

I can't help but notice you aren't denying having not watched the fight.

Seems weird to have an opinion about a fight you have never watched.
It's lilnicky, he has a retarded opinion about anything he wants, as long as he thinks he's annoying people, since that's what he values most on this site.

Brasil Wand is gone, wonder when the inevitable will circle back around here.

Hendricks beat GSP’s a**....everyone knows it but GSP fangirls will never admit it.

As the great @gono btw would say....it iz what it iz

Johny Hendricks.jpg

How did Johny do after he LOST to GSP and USADA came into effect? I'm glad you asked...

- 3 wins, 6 losses. Nice 33% winning percentage
- Missed weight twice at WW
- Missed weight once at MW

It is what it is.

I don't think either are robberies. I did think at first glance that Reyes won while I never thought Hendricks won.

Robbery is a fight where a clear, unmistakable winner got a loss (like Pearson vs Sanchez) not a close contested fight where it could've went either way.

A robbery would've been Izzy getting a W over Jan. Jan won every measurable aspect of a fight and you had people saying that Izzy should've won. How? He never won a round and got beat both in the feet and the ground.

BJ Penn's face after quitting against GSP
BJ Penn face.jpg
Some peoples bruising shows much more than others. FYI a Diaz brother cuts easily.
Anyone who watches that fight played out with two generic avatars as the fighters will say close fight could go either way.

GSP clearly won two rounds 3rd & 5th. The 3rd was 31-15 in significant strikes landed, the 5th 9-5 with two TDs for GSP. Hendricks didn't win any rounds as clearly. 1, 2 & 4 were all close. 1st was 19-18 in sign strikes, 2nd was 30-28 for Hendricks & 4th was 18-14 for Hendricks.

Many gave Hendricks the benefit of the Halo Effect. Having been competitive with GSP when all before him were dominated doesn't mean he deserves extra credit. He lost get over it.

Here is a link mentioning the announcement. There was more news about it but they are getting harder to find after so many years.
HTML:
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1851359-ufc-167-bleacher-report-main-card-staff-predictions

You guys cling to the GSP fight... guess what. This was a bigger "robbery" by far.

4_-_UFC_195_-_Lawler-Condit_-_RoboJudge.0.jpg

RD1
Lawler - 12 of 18 - 66%
Condit - 28 of 75 - 37%

RD2
Lawler -10 of 23 - 43%
Condit -17 of 71 - 23%

RD3
Lawler -11 of 26 - 42%
Condit -22 of 78 - 28%

RD4
Lawler -6 of 18 - 33%